The wonderful Maria Aya performing in London in January?!

elle21

Mariaaa!!!!!

Rumours have it that you will be in my neck of the woods in January, performing at Planet Egypt in London, would you like to confirm or deny these rumours?

:dance: Very excited at this prospect, but also a little nervous now too - I'm performing that night too...!

Sara

Aww :( I wanna go. I'll be up here being bored... but watching re runs of one of the best films ever... Snowman! :dance: I'm getting it on Dvd hopefully for Crimbo.

If you get chance to come up north, go for it! :D

elle21

I'd love to, you northerly dancers get so many cool things going on! Sadly the belly dance pocket is empty for this year :(

but at least you have the snowman for company!

If we can ever tempt you down to the big smoke...

Sara

Ooh,I'd love to go down south. Only ever bin to Cornwall down there. ;)

Neverbin to London or nothing.

Recnadocir

I performed at one of her events last year, when it was Sahara Nights. Unfortunately it was the hottest day of the year in London, so the turnout was very small. And, she had been bumped up to the third floor of the place she was in at the time due to some other event happening on the ground floor, and it was like an oven up there. Being insane, I danced anyway, and had to drink gallons of water later to rehydrate.

I would definitely dance at Planet Egypt, although since most dancing I do is choreographed it might be problematic in that kind of venue.

Last edited:

Sara

Rico! Your names rhymes with Chico! Lol ( I love Chico though- he's sooo gorgeous and perfect!)

But anyways- If she does come I might pop down if I'm off college. :dance:

Last edited:

elle21

I performed at one of her events last year, when it was Sahara Nights. Unfortunately it was the hottest day of the year in London, so the turnout was very small. And, she had been bumped up to the third floor of the place she was in at the time due to some other event happening on the ground floor, and it was like an oven up there. Being insane, I danced anyway, and had to drink gallons of water later to rehydrate.

I would definitely dance at Planet Egypt, although since most dancing I do is choreographed it might be problematic in that kind of venue.

Gutted to have missed you Rico, if you're ever back it would be a real pleasure to see you! If you're ever back...!

Recnadocir

I love England, so I'll definitely be back sometime...Lord a willin' and the crik don't rise!

Last edited:

Sara

Hiyas,

:dance: It's Saturday! :D Therefore- no idea what a Sequitor is...:lol: Too much X Factor coarsing through my viens (although I would prefer Midsommer but oh well.)

I reckon we should all have a 'Meet Sara in Yorshire' event, and I'll only charge £10 for an autograph ;)

But seriously- It'd be brill to see everyone dancing in real life.

Aniseteph

Or we could have a festival on Ilkley Moor in our bedlah and catch our death of cold.... :dance:

So are you working on a new fusion Recnadocir? The wooden stick needs a few sequins, and what about a beaded fringe for the beer can? :lol:

Sara

:shok: :confused:

Whats with the nuddy buddies eh? :naghty:

Ere reyt, what is this planet Egypt? I keep hearing bout it, but no idea what it is?

elle21

Planet Egypt = a monthly "showcase" of bellydancing in a restaurant/nightclub in London, each month there's a variety of dancers from all over the place. mostly they're reasonably local, but occasionally we get celebrities, such as Rico, Princess Ferhana and now Maria Aya!

HTML:
http://www.planetegypt.co.uk

Hmm, don't know if I'm tough enough for busting my bedleh out on the moors, and as for Rico's artistic impression...:naghty: !!!

Aniseteph

Hmm, don't know if I'm tough enough for busting my bedleh out on the moors...
Yeah, thermal vest and long undies underneath :lol:. Rico is living in a fantasy world.... (looks fun though ;) )

Sara

I love going on moors. They're not that cold really. You can walk in you t-shirt and it's fine. In winter it's diff though. You need a fleece or something if it's bad.

Thanks for the link. Planet Egypt sounds good.

Sara

I just had a thought. :D

THey do those dance things in those big mansion things which I'm going to learn how to run! :D

elle21

I just had a thought. :D

THey do those dance things in those big mansion things which I'm going to learn how to run! :D

Not YET.... unless you'd like to start the ball rolling. Hmm, belly dance, gorgeous country retreat, where do I sign?!

I quite like Rico's world, it sounds fun!

Ahem, but on a more serious note, I am going to dig up that dancers in the UK thread, I received a few rather interesting flyers in the post yesterday...

Sara

SOunds fun! I never get anything like that. :(

I might sign up for some leaflet getting. I don't have nowt to do otherwise. At least I have my Buddha to keep me occupied. He's growing right now though so I don't want to disturb him.