Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

hey i dont know if i'm too late on this i've read the reviews from beginner belly dancers (on amazon) and the reviews were so-so for this video in particular. the really good one is the bellydance basics and beyond. its the same price. you just go to their website World Dance New York | Bellydance Video | Bellydance DVD. you can click to purchase and it directs you to amazon where you place your order. i went for the bellydance basics and beyond because of the great reviews. it should be in the mail in the next few days. i'll tell you what i think when i get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

wanted to tell you how great jenna's world dance new york dvd is. its over 2 hours the moves are very basic. she breaks them down in isolations -very thorough. i love the traveling steps section because i knew NONE. she also includes layered steps. i LOVE this dvd. Jenna is a great teacher.

i'm looking to buy ansuya's lavish layers, hopefully its a bit more intermediate. dunno, some feedback on that would be much appreciated.

oh yes and a comment on rachel brice's yoga, isolations, and drills: a practice companion... BLAH. i bought it at the same time and it is such a huge disappointment i want to send it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Lavish Layers Consists of: dance posture, upper body isolations (chest slides, chest lift and drop, diagonal chest lift and drop, torso circle, chest circles, figure eights, upper body camels, reverse upper body camel, camel combination) then lower body isolations (hip slide, pelvic lift and drop, diagonal pelvic lift and drop, big hip circles, small hip circles, vertical figure eights, reverse vertical figure eights, horizonal figure 8s, reverse horizontal figure eights, lower body camel, reverse lower body camel, full body camel, full body reverse camel, camel combination) Shimmy isolations (shoulders, hip freeze, traveling shimmy, hip twist shimmy) Isolation drill of the moves, Upper body layers, where she starts with the isolations then adds the shimmy, and then lower body layers, then the layering drills

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, Ansuya's "Lavish Layers" uses freeze type shimmes over the basic isolations. As well as I liked her video, I much prefer Lleyla Jouvana's 1001 Shimmies because she takes the time to explain the dynamics of actually layering shimmies over isolations. In addition her demonsrations include different types of shimmies too with live rhythm interpretation form her "drummer husband Roland"
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

ok i'm frequently this forum a bit too much.

anywho just wanted to put an update on a previous comment i had made about the rachel brice dvd. i do like it.

you have to DO the dvd not just watch it.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, maybe that's my problem then!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering this video as a future purchase to add to my growing collection. Thank you for you reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all of Neon's dvds on Tribal, Yoga, and well ... all of them now, I think.

Anyway, I like the warmup and short drills on this dvd the best. I like to do these before I start my regular practice. I HATE the music, but I can tune that out when I'm just warming up and stretching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12