Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !!!
    What style of oriental are you practicing?
    I know that in Finland was very popular the Reda style, is it still?

Maria Aya, Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Aya View Post
    Welcome !!!
    What style of oriental are you practicing?
    I know that in Finland was very popular the Reda style, is it still?

Maria Aya, Greece
    I'm not doing any particular style at the moment. I try to learn as much as I can when I can. No classes for me here, though, so I have to attend when I can. Will attend the 1001 nights Oslo bellydance festival at the end of the month, and will do a few workshops there.

As for what's popular in Finland, I have no idea, I live n Norway, not Finland...

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has travelled in Northern Europe, when I told him that your post said Hammerfest he thought that was cool (he said the furthest North he's been is Oslo).

As a Canadian I get a lot of "up north" jokes, though, when I lived in England, we were further North geographically than my home in Canada is

Is it cold in Norway? This winter in belly dance class, all I could think is that it was a bit cold to have a bare belly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onela View Post
    Is it cold in Norway? This winter in belly dance class, all I could think is that it was a bit cold to have a bare belly
    I think I can answer this one as well.

I haven't seen many bare bellies yet, but whether it is cold or not depends on where you are and which season it is - and of course what temperatures you are used to.

In winter, the inland are usually much colder than the coastal areas because of the North Atlantic Current raising the air temperature. Compared to other places of similar high latitude, and according to Wikipedia, the small coastal city Brnnysund, Norway (6528′N) is 15 C (27.0 F) warmer than the January average in Nome, Alaska (6430′14″N) and 42 C (75.6 F) warmer than the January average of Yakutsk, Siberia (622′N).
    Although, the diurnal temperature variations are larger in the inland valleys and the innermost fjord areas compared to the coastal areas. The warmest temperature ever recorded in Norway is 35.6 C (96.1 F) in the small inland village Nesbyen (6034′N). The coldest temperature ever recorded is −51.4 C (−61 F) in the inland village Karasjok (6928′55″N).

Right now, where I am (6325′47″N), the temperature is app. 6 C (42.8F). According to the weather forecast for Hammerfest (7039′50″N) where Elin lives, the temperature is app. 3.5 C (38.3F).

The latitude coordinate for Oslo is 59 54′ 40″ N and the temperature today is app. 6 C (42.8F) as well, according to the weather forecast.
    Last edited by Daimona; 04-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see some Norwegian ladies here. I wish my Norwegian wife (born and raised in Oslo) was more receptive to BD........

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has travelled in Northern Europe, when I told him that your post said Hammerfest he thought that was cool (he said the furthest North he's been is Oslo).
    Hehe. Oslo is more than 2000 km south of Hammerfest. I'm an Oslo girl (or at least that what I feel like), moved here in January last year.

Depends on. As Daimona said... But winters here in Hammerfest are, in my opinion, not very cold. The city is by the coast, and due to the Golf stream we have pretty mild winters. But summers aren't very hot... But it depends on season and weather.

And, of course, it's nice and warm inside.

@Harry: Lots of bellydancers in Oslo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    @Harry: Lots of bellydancers in Oslo.
    I definitely get that impression, especially after seeing your website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I definitely get that impression, especially after seeing your website.
    One of the things I miss about Oslo...

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Hi, Elin, welcome to the community!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12