Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, Luvcajun, I turn fifty-five on Saturday. I've been belly dancing over half my life and quit giving a rip what people thought of me or my activities about twenty years ago. It has been a very liberating attitude to have.

Post Thanks / Like

You go girl! Shanazel I love your attitude!

Post Thanks / Like

i tend to wear my heart on my sleave, i've other more obscure interestes such as western esoteric traditions, such hermeticism and the occult, easterns systems, such as yoga, tantra, taoism.

i don't advertise myself, but nor do hide what i am doing or who i am, i identify what i do as part who i am, as it is an expression of myself. if people are prejudice, i'm quite happy to argue over it, politely, and look them straight in eye when doing so. i used shy away, but why should i be ashamed for other peoples ignorance!

it may come up in conversations. i used to say belly dance, but i found people are ignorant of the term, and have preconceptions of what belly dance is, many simply thought it was a form of erotic/exotic dance, so i now i say middle eastern or rather egyptian dance, if i say anything at all.

i started posting my video journal learning bellydance on my facebook, and many of friends on there are my work colleagues, and i was suprised how supportive and interested they were. some even took a little fancy to me, little old me. its definately made me more popular. but they know me and what i'm like, drawing, writing, dancing, and little a bit of queen, so it didn't suprise them really. some of the women were like how do you do that with your hips, one of my nick names is snake hips.

but one or two think its wrong, and it would be the uncultured and unworldly towny blokes and chavie women wouldn't it! so the response is mixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12