workshops??

Nebetmiw

Is there a central place where workshops are listed by state? I was told by a friend here about one I did not know was in my state. Would I have too look up all the schools pages to find who is having what workshop? If so how would I go about finding all the school listed for my state? I know they are all out west of me in the major cities but so far I only know of one in Knoxville.

Thank you for any and all help here. :)

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Not that I know of. All the workshops I hear of are through my contacts and networks on facebook and various other sites.

Nebetmiw

Strange I thought there would be with so many dancers on the net. Maybe something should be started. If we had a section here for it anyone could list workshops they knew about.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I think its just that they have so many sites already that they list their events on. Such as their schools site or local forums, etc.

Daimona

Have you checked the calendar on this site?

Another tip might be joining the maillists of the various studios to receive updated information on various events.

Nebetmiw

Yes, I found the calander here. Not many listed on it which is a shame. Bhuz is now listing for free on their site. I found that today. Lot more listed there. It would be nice if someone even if not in a school listed events that they found. Help those of us newbies to find them easier. I had read some schools stop having workshops due to low attandance. But what can one expect if no one knows out it outside of their school. Oh well guess not everyone has the gift for advertising.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Is there a central place where workshops are listed by state?

Man -- I WISH!!!!!!!

I would recommend the same thing -- get on EVERYBODY's mailing/emailing list. I get mails from Atlanta dancers advertising workshops I didn't know about in Nashville - !!!

Tribe.net is a good place for dancers to advertise their workshops too. I joined the tribes of every bellydance group within about a 12-hour driving distance of my house :) Course, you have to go and check the tribes every now and then :)

Check out Hub websites -- sites with names like "Atlanta Bellydance" because they will often post links to workshops in their surrounding areas. Get on everybody's mailing list, and also check the vending schedule of your favorite costume vendors. Many times I find out about workshops in the North because Dahlal is vending at them.

Nebetmiw

tribe.net

I found a few more places that list worshops and events. Tribe.net has 2 tribes dedicated to this. One is called National Event Calander tribe the other is event listing tribe or something. Can not remember off the top of my head. just thought I would give a heads up to those of us that are new to these sites. :dance: