I Did It

GypsyStacey

was practicing my chro that my teacher has done for our class & i finally made it through the entire dance on my own at home...WOO HOO!! i'm very proud of myself...lol...it's not perfect i still want to work it make sure i get the right accents etc. we are dancing to 'ya waheshni.' it's to funny my son loves the song & when i play it when he's up i like to just listen to it too he's like mom play it again...lol.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Good for you! You'll get the accents right as well and it will all be flawless when you perform it!:dance:
~Mosaic

GypsyStacey

i will be performing in june not sure this piece or the piece well learn when classes start up again after easter, but i do want to get it just right.

luvcajun

good for you gypsy...

look for the day when i can say the same...
very much still in getting the right name with the right moves...
much less dance to a whole song...

nice that your son enjoys the music too...
least you play the music while he's around...

GypsyStacey

i've only been bd a short time...lol...hence why i'm so happy that i made it through the entire song...lol. like i said it's far from perfect, but now that i have the moves i can work on the accents & all the little things.

i play lots of different music at home rock, jazz, world stuff & he likes it all. he's very much like me good music is good music. it's funny to hear him hum along to jazz one day, ME the next & then he'll start dancing to some african music i'm playing. i love it.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Yay for you!!!!

Quick question -- is your son old enough/interested enough to learn the drum?

(You might just have yourself your very own built-in drummer! Think Serena and Scott Wilson! Sigh! I'm already jealous.)

GypsyStacey

he's 9 so i'd say he's old enough to learn the drum...hmmm...something to ponder. only trouble is we live in a smaller town so getting the instruction for him could be tricky.

GypsyStacey

thanks everyone. i know it may sound silly, but i was pretty excited. it's getting better & better each time. i MAY have to consider uploading a vid but we will see. not sure if i'm brave enough.

luvcajun

that would be awesome if you did a video...
was just talking to a friend of mine in n.c....
she was asking about the bd classes....
she told me to send her a video...now really

we both love dancing...she was into linedance and
now she performs in hula dancing

glad you posted this...as it's encouraging for those of us
just starting out...

Nebetmiw

Way to go. I know you are riding the high of completion. After that practice will seem a bit easier. Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing how it all turns out.

MissVega

Congrats:) Hope you post a video.
I have a ton of trouble wit choreography. I have to have a video recording of my OWN choreographies for students when I am teaching them because without it I'd never make it through without forgettig so YAH kudos to you:dance:

GypsyStacey

thanks for the kudos everyone :) yup every day it's getting better. i didn't practice at all last week due to a yucky cold. but i did get in some practice last night & i will again today.

lol everyone hankering for a video...lol. i can for sure see how a vid would be helpful just for me to catch things i'm doing. i'll see.