Working as a bellydancer in Egypt

Rakssara

Hi dancers!!

I have questions for those who are working as a dancers in Egypt ( Sharm, Hurgada, Dahab, Cairo....). Many times I was thinking about working as a dancer in Egypt, but I don't know, how you can get this job and where...? I have heard that in Cairo for foreign dancers is almost impossible to find job (well most of them) and that they look mostly for egyptian dancers ( they don't need visa,payment..).Is everything about knowing someone, who has influence in egyptian bellydance world or?? I read also a lot about fake contracts, how they give hopes to many dancers about contract and at the end they don't get nothing... and what you think about dancing in Egypt as a foreign dancer??
Can someone help me with this questions??
Thank you =) !!!
Sorry for gramatical mistakes ;):D

Caroline_afifi

Leila of Cairo has an article about this on Gilded Serpent.

I know it is not easy to get your license and even then life is tough because you will barely make enough to eat let alone pay rent. You have to be very tough to do this job.

The other option is to be brought by an agency as part of a troupe etc. for the resorts. They give you accommodation but the pay is not great.

Ranya can tell you more.. if she is around.

Rakssara

Yes, I read all articles of Leila a year , there are many usefull infos.
I have heard also many stories about this from Astryd Farah deMichelle, but still i'm thinking about this :p
Thank you Caroline for your answer! :)

Leila of Cairo has an article about this on Gilded Serpent.

I know it is not easy to get your license and even then life is tough because you will barely make enough to eat let alone pay rent. You have to be very tough to do this job.

The other option is to be brought by an agency as part of a troupe etc. for the resorts. They give you accommodation but the pay is not great.

Ranya can tell you more.. if she is around.