Hello from the bush of Alaska

teela

greetings,
I finally decided to join the forum after having lurked for a very long time. I think it was the thread on Egyptian dance that encouraged me to join. I've been learning bellydance for about 6 years now, 2 with actual lessons and 4 via instructional DVD's. I've migrated towards Egyptian style and I am finally getting to a point where i'm beginning to just move to the music rather than try to "dance" to it. I feel like I"m beginning to understand how things relate to each other and to feel the music rather than think intelllectually about what move is next. The closest instructor is 2 hours by air and i'm the only local dancer so I end up doing alot on my own. I am happy to be a member.

vinstones

Hi Teela,

Welcome to the forum from being a lurker to a member..

btw, where do you usually get your DVD of belly dancing from?

Local store or online?

Cheers
Vincent:lol:

teela

btw, where do you usually get your DVD of belly dancing from?

Local store or online?

I have to order my DVD's from on-line as the local stores only sell things like ammunition for guns, basic food, some material, kind of a 7-11. I order from a variety of places.

joyisadancer

hello Teela from a fellow Alaskan

Hi Teela
I am also an Alaskan. Though I've had to move outside temporarily for my job. I started dancing in Alaska and my favorite teacher/class ever is still on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. If you live in the bush and have to learn from videos, keep an eye on TitleWave Books in Anchorage's website. They sometimes get good used belly dance videos in and they ship anywhere in AK for free. Oh, you probably already know but Borders has the best selection of Belly Dance music in Anchorage I've found. Yeah! another Alaskan belly dancer makes me happy :) Ever made flannel lined harem pants for dancing in the winter?