Interview questions for Aziza of Cairo?

Salome

Administrator
As mentioned in another thread, we have the opportunity to do an interview with her:

If you have a question you'd like to see in the interview, post it here and we will try to work it in!

Sita

Sorry just some boring and obvious questions from me

What does she think of the current Egyptian dance scene?

Where does she situate herself and style in regards to the current Egyptian dance scene?

Sita

Yshka

I would like to know (also obvious) how does she view western bellydancers and what advice/comments would she give to western dancers who want to approach/do justice to this dance the way it should be approached in her opinion? (I don't know how to put this into words better, maybe somebody else can help)

Maybe a weird question (but then again maybe also very obvious), I'd like to know how she defines this dance. What does she see as it's essence and soul? I.e. What makes this dance what it is.

(It's getting late darned, I haven't had my diet coke yet and having trouble finding the right words. Salome, if it doesn't make sense please tell me;))

Aniseteph

This is a follow on from Yshka's first question - what does she think of the different ways belly dance has developed in the West and globally outside the ME?

(which ties in to Yshka's second question which is SOOO not a weird question. :cool: :clap:)

Prusilusken

Hmmm...I think the "obvious" questions became obvious is because they are just really good questions that almost always provide very useful and "telling" answers. Obvious is definately not always bad! :)

I'll give it a go and try to to come up with a few Qs now - and there will be few real "pop-questions" among them too!! :dance::

"Do you have an all-time favourite costume? (Or a few?)"

If yes, then which ones, description, designer, style and age, and the Why: The reasons they are favourites...sentimental/"lucky" costumes/"makes me feel like a Goddess no matter how bad I felt when donning it!" (or what ever other reason/s)...

If no, then maybe a follow-up question about how she feels about her costumes in general, what is important to her when she chooses a costume for herself, and if she has any strong(ish) opinions on dos and dont's that she appreciates - or would appreciate to see a lot less of - on other dancers.

No matter our personal skill levels, I think most BDers luuuuuurv reading about the pretty costumes!

Does she have "favorite" performances?
The best - and maybe the worst - performances in her career... *insert moving, beautiful, horrific and hilarious anecdotes here ;)*

How does she feel about all the more or less official belly dance competitions and pageants that are held around the globe (if she has an opinion on them at all)?

What does she love besides dancing and: If she had not become a professional dancer, what would she have liked to do instead?

Any "housewife advice" for other dancers, for those hard times when we get injuried, lose our "dance mojo" (thanks for that expression, Emma! :D) have to perform when we feel like sh*t (common cold or whatever) or experience other wellknown barriers and annoyances in our dance careers?

Where does the think "true belly dance" as she sees it is generally heading atm: UP - or DOWN? ...and the true Dr. Phill follow-up: "...and how does that make you feel...?"

And finally - A true classic!:
"I your eyes: What makes an amazing dancer?" (Can lead to question about her idol(s) and her best memories as a member of the audience)

...and those were just the ones I could pull out of my LEFT sleeve... :lol:

Yshka

Dear Salome, I'm soooo looking forward to the interview!!
Good questions ladies!

*hugs bowl of popcorn and waits anxiously for Lise to start pulling her RIGHT sleeve....:cool:

gisela

Super Moderator
is this still going on? Or is it too late now?

A little bit like Lises question about the "housewife advice" is:
What does she do to improve herself? How does she get inspiration f ex? Does she have a mentor, a regular teacher, an irregular teacher, does she practice on her own, discuss with other dancers, watch other dancers etc

I hope you understand and can put together a better question from this :)

Salome

Administrator
Hi everyone,

I compiled a list of your questions and the ball is now rolling. Hopefully we will get it back by months end - otherwise we'll have to wait until June!

gisela

Super Moderator
Yay!
I watched the video again and now I want to know "how to get THAT BODY!" :lol: She looks like the perfect mix between Suheir Zaki and Dina.
But don't ask her that, haha.