Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Recent posts

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Recent posts

Why can't I see the Recent Posts on the new home page?

Post Thanks / Like

What page are you looking at? The belly dance forums page shows the list of forums. The new posts page shows posts unread by the member. If there are no new posts it means you have read all of them. If you go to quick links (orange bar top right) in the drop down box you can click on Today's Posts and all posts for that period of time will show whether read or unread. If in any of those areas posts are not showing, I don't know why, but suggest you try closing and reopening your browser, even rebooting your computer, or clearing your cookies and logging into the forum again to see if that helps.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I could see the posts through the Quick links when I tried that as you suggested. But what I'm referring to is that the home page used to be orange like the forums page and I could read the recent posts instantly without going into the forums.Now it's blue, so I'm assuming it's new. There is a heading "Recent posts", but underneath there are some marks that look like this >> but no posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I have never seen a blue page, the page I get at www.bellydanceforums.net is like the attachment below
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm, mine looked like that until a couple of days ago. I'll try re-setting my bookmark.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about the orientaldancer.net homepage maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I just tried finding the site through the web rather than my usual bookmark link, but it's still the same I guess I'll just have to get used to going the long way round.

Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it I can remember sometime back that you could change your page to blue or keep it sunset, maybe somehow your home page changed to blue, or you clicked something that changed it, not realising you did. I vaguely remember posts saying it altered what your saw when it was blue as well. I forgot about that. I will see if I can find anything on it. then maybe you can try changing back to sunset.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

OK found the thread that talks about the blue page:

All this changed in April 2008

This page in thread talks about the change in the forum URL ( I wonder if somehow you have ended up on the old forum URL home page???)
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat...ocation-3.html

This page of thread the blue was discontinued ( seems you should not be able to get a blue page anymore)
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat...ocation-4.html

Seems you shouldn't be able to see the blue page anymore seems very strange that you can ... have the aliens been playing with your computer

Maybe we need to scream for Salome's help/suggestions
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

It's really queer, I think it is the old page, it looks familiar, but it seems to be current, it has the "Win a cd. offer" dated 17th March and the usual video clips etc. And it does have a "Recent posts" heading but nothing in it. I'll re-set my link straight to the forums page I think. Thanks for all the info.!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast