No Recent posts

Mosaic

Super Moderator
What page are you looking at? The belly dance forums page shows the list of forums. The new posts page shows posts unread by the member. If there are no new posts it means you have read all of them. If you go to quick links (orange bar top right) in the drop down box you can click on Today's Posts and all posts for that period of time will show whether read or unread. If in any of those areas posts are not showing, I don't know why, but suggest you try closing and reopening your browser, even rebooting your computer, or clearing your cookies and logging into the forum again to see if that helps.
~Mosaic

jahbie

Thanks, I could see the posts through the Quick links when I tried that as you suggested. But what I'm referring to is that the home page used to be orange like the forums page and I could read the recent posts instantly without going into the forums.Now it's blue, so I'm assuming it's new. There is a heading "Recent posts", but underneath there are some marks that look like this >> but no posts.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Oh, I have never seen a blue page, the page I get at www.bellydanceforums.net is like the attachment below
~Mosaic

jahbie

Nope, I just tried finding the site through the web rather than my usual bookmark link, but it's still the same I guess I'll just have to get used to going the long way round.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Come to think of it I can remember sometime back that you could change your page to blue or keep it sunset, maybe somehow your home page changed to blue, or you clicked something that changed it, not realising you did. I vaguely remember posts saying it altered what your saw when it was blue as well. I forgot about that. I will see if I can find anything on it. then maybe you can try changing back to sunset.
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
OK found the thread that talks about the blue page:

All this changed in April 2008

This page in thread talks about the change in the forum URL ( I wonder if somehow you have ended up on the old forum URL home page???)
http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat-about-web-site/5471-new-location-3.html

This page of thread the blue was discontinued ( seems you should not be able to get a blue page anymore)
http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat-about-web-site/5471-new-location-4.html

Seems you shouldn't be able to see the blue page anymore:think: seems very strange that you can ... have the aliens been playing with your computer:lol:

Maybe we need to scream for Salome's help/suggestions
~Mosaic

jahbie

It's really queer, I think it is the old page, it looks familiar, but it seems to be current, it has the "Win a cd. offer" dated 17th March and the usual video clips etc. And it does have a "Recent posts" heading but nothing in it. I'll re-set my link straight to the forums page I think. Thanks for all the info.!:)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
It's really queer, I think it is the old page, it looks familiar, but it seems to be current, it has the "Win a cd. offer" dated 17th March and the usual video clips etc. And it does have a "Recent posts" heading but nothing in it. I'll re-set my link straight to the forums page I think. Thanks for all the info.!:)

I think you would still see the current posts once you get into the forum even if the old home page shows up first, but it is very strange that it just suddenly appeared as it did.

Maybe clear all cookies and reboot computer then go to http://www.bellydanceforums.net and see if the sunset page comes up then bookmark that. Hopefully that will stop the strange anomaly.
~Mosaic

recent posts

I'm getting the blue page too - though lately we have had the comp being cranky about the google page? :confused::think: but i'm the one who is tell me which button to push can i push the button huh huh can i -and david's response to this :wall::wall:

jahbie

Right, I followed the forums link and true enough it leads straight to the sunset forums page. But, the sunset page that I had before had all the video clips and announcements etc, plus the recent posts. Now with this page there is no link to the home page, so all I can see is the forums.

I'm getting the blue page too - though lately we have had the comp being cranky about the google page? :confused::think: but i'm the one who is tell me which button to push can i push the button huh huh can i -and david's response to this :wall::wall:

Salome

Administrator
ahhh... that is the new homepage of OrientalDancer.net. That whole site is under construction and the "recent posts" from the forum have not been 'fixed' yet since we moved it to a new server.

jahbie

Thank you Salome! I thought I was having yet another "senior moment" one of many!

ahhh... that is the new homepage of OrientalDancer.net. That whole site is under construction and the "recent posts" from the forum have not been 'fixed' yet since we moved it to a new server.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Ohhhh, so it is meant to be there, how odd that some see the page I have tried to see it but it won't show for me.

But at least the mystery is kind of solved.
~Mosaic