Anyone else finding this site less active?

Emma_Williams

maybe my posts are just utterly boring haha but it seems to me there is more activity on other sites bhuz being one i think of strait away.
That is a shame because i prefer this site tons

Last edited by a moderator:

Jujube

It has been a bit slower than usual IMO, but this board is always less active than some other boards. It is a smaller community, and I think a better one. Boards with a large population often have an atmosphere which can quickly get nasty.

Here it is more intimate and people know and respect each other better. I'll take this board any day, even though it has less activity.

karena

Bhuz is always too busy for me!

I have nearly replied to more than one of your posts so I will endeavor to actually type not just think! I am typing interviews at the moment, so doing nothing but type all day!

Emma_Williams

aww ta but dont get me wrong im not attention seeking just noticed its busier on bhuz. I dont mind having no posts answered just wondered why they do get answered more on bhuz.

Sita

I think it's just one of those slow periods here on the forum.

Sita

P.S. Maybe there's not enough drama or controversy and we need to start a fight :lol: ;)

karena

aww ta but dont get me wrong im not attention seeking just noticed its busier on bhuz. I dont mind having no posts answered just wondered why they do get answered more on bhuz.

I think just cos there are more people on bhuz.

And (and this is very controversial ;)) but in my very small experience of bhuz, I think there may be quantity in replies, but it's quality over here :lol:. There seem to me to be lots of very intelligent people here who therefore have lots on their plates.

But I don't really know what much about Bhuz, so I am of course likely to be entirely wrong :lol:

(But this might well get some people posting ;) :lol:)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
This forum goes through slow periods every now & then.

I am a member over at Bhuz and if you take out all the costumes for sale, there are not many other posts, and I may read only one or two of those when I visit, so I don't think it is anymore active than here.
~Mosaic

athansor

The site disappeared for me for about a week...basically when I clicked on the bookmarked link, the site didn't come up...I just got a message that it was unavailable. Today I did a websearch and found the site again, so I created a new link.
Anyway, if that happened to anyone but me, it could be why it's been less active.

lizaj

This forum goes through slow periods every now & then.

I am a member over at Bhuz and if you take out all the costumes for sale, there are not many other posts, and I may read only one or two of those when I visit, so I don't think it is anymore active than here.
~Mosaic

Yup trawl though the swap meet and the personal health probs and there are some juicy issues on Bhuz and they are often chewed over very well but as a proportion of posts, I think there is more seriousdiscussion here.
There may be fewer members here but I think there is a wider spread of nationalities.
All forum have quiet times. Another discussion area I enjoy is Shira's on Welcome - tribe.net

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
The site disappeared for me for about a week...basically when I clicked on the bookmarked link, the site didn't come up...I just got a message that it was unavailable. Today I did a websearch and found the site again, so I created a new link.
Anyway, if that happened to anyone but me, it could be why it's been less active.

could have happened if your computer didn't update the cookies for this site. Many times there is an upgrade to the site and the computer does not update with it, so using an old link won't work.

Anyway I always found if something is not working anymore delete the cookies first, and if still not working try to find it again using google.

Amulya

I don't think this site is slow at all. And Bhuz is way too fast for me, too many people, I can't keep up with who is who.

Shanazel

I love us despite criticism from others about the lack of depth, lack of concern about middle eastern political issues, etc. etc. etc. All friendships have quiet periods in which people involved don't have much to say to each other and simply go about their lives until they do have something new to say.

No fights, please. Too hard on the moderators to have to get in there and referee. ;)

Amulya

I love us despite criticism from others about the lack of depth, lack of concern about middle eastern political issues, etc. etc. etc. All friendships have quiet periods in which people involved don't have much to say to each other and simply go about their lives until they do have something new to say.

No fights, please. Too hard on the moderators to have to get in there and referee. ;)

Lack of dept? What a nonsense and lack of concern about ME culture? I haven't noticed that either.
At least this site is moderated and we can keep up with the posts. Bhuz isn't moderated (as far as I know and was never before, not a good thing IMHO)

Farasha Hanem

I never knew Bhuz wasn't moderated. :confused: Even though I'm a member over there, I've made maaaaaybe a grand total of 4 posts, if that. Don't care very much for the swap-shoppy atmosphere, and I do prefer the more international community here. :)

My sentiments are the same as yours, Amulya. Sure, we have the occasional blow-ups, catfights, and drama, but I believe we are a closer-knit community.

Amulya

I have been a member on Bhuz for so long that I'm an 'ultimate bhuzzer', but haven't posted much over the last years. In the past Bhuz was very nice but it turned a bit sour due to no moderation. People are far more harsh there than here. I think moderation could help a lot.

(now I'm probably going to be bashed on Bhuz for saying this about Bhuz... ah well)

Harry

I haven't been to Bhuz, so can't speak to that. However, I've lurked and/or participated around here for awhile, and am hooked on the atmosphere, personalities, and ... well, heck, I like it here!! :D I'm sure we are simply going through a lull in activity.

Last edited:

Amulya

We had a lot of games in the past that were popular, maybe we should revive them? Or just start them new?

Jujube

We had a lot of games in the past that were popular, maybe we should revive them? Or just start them new?

Let's pick one of the best of the past games, and come up with a new one. What do you think was the most popular past game?