Post Thanks / Like

Default Break through no more beached whale...lol

So after watching clips on you tube & just focusing on the dance my instructor taught us I haven't been doing to much practicing. mostly because i watch dancer's clips & only dream that my hips could sway & shimmy the way theirs did. i just stumbled over a youtube clip that helped me. she broke down the 3/4 shimmy in just a slightly different way than my teacher did & WOW what a difference. no more beached whale feeling. is it perfect NO! is it very fast? NO..BUT i can at least now see how with practice it could get better & faster. i spend part of my day in our engineering room scanning old drawings so while the drawing scans i have 5 to 6 mins to read or whatever. today i just had youtube on playing music & 3/4 shimmying away...WOO HOO.

Post Thanks / Like

yay that's good news. Happy dancing!

Post Thanks / Like

Welldone! Sometimes it just takes another way of putting it for the penny to drop - I had the same problem with the 3/4 shimmy, now it's getting somewhere near where it should be.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure exactly what it was. maybe i was in the right mind space. i usually love how my teacher explains this, but maybe this one time i just needed to hear it a different way. maybe i've seen enough BD to 'get it.' or maybe seeing it on youtube took me out of my head enough. i think i can over think things so who knows. now i just want to shake & shimmy all over my poor son thinks his mom has gone nutty...lol

Post Thanks / Like

So what's the youtube clip? I struggle with shiimmies generally and will take any help I can get!