OD.net is under construction

Salome

Administrator
Just a little note to let those of you know, who browse our OrientalDancer.net website, that we are under construction over there. Reorganizing, cleaning house, altering the layout slightly...

Mosaic

Super Moderator
For me everything still looks exactly the same at the moment:D I wonder why some are seeing a blue page and others don't. Just curious.
~Mosaic

Harry

If I may so, I just watched the "Spotlight" video. Salome looks fabulous... Of course, she always does. :clap::):clap::):clap:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
If you search for the site on the internet it comes up blue, then you can set a new bookmark.

Nope! no difference and I like the sunset:D At one stage when you could have the blue or sunset, I looked at the blue, but wasn't keen on it, the sunset is warm.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
I think the people that are seeing the blue site are going directly to the mothersite which is:
OrientalDancer.net - Belly Dance Hub

The forum has its own url which of course is: "www.bellydanceforums.net". This seems to still be sunset. I haven't seen any change of this.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I think the people that are seeing the blue site are going directly to the mothersite which is:
OrientalDancer.net - Belly Dance Hub

The forum has its own url which of course is: "www.bellydanceforums.net". This seems to still be sunset. I haven't seen any change of this.

Thanks Gisela, just tried your link and got the blue page. On the left side column links they seem to be overwritten, like one link on top of another, but it is the top link that opens, must be just a glitch to iron out at this stage. It as yet anyway, doesn't show new/recent posts, even though there were some. It is a lovely photo of Salome.
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Uh oh. First I've heard of that. What browser do you use? Are you talking about the site navigation links?
I use firefox and the overwritten links are the mav links under your pic and above the ads. It shows to me bellydance 4times
star interviews, bellydancer, bellydance, news. But when I click the links am taken to the correct pages. eg: first link goes to the forum.
~Mosaic

Daimona

I use firefox and the overwritten links are the mav links under your pic and above the ads. It shows to me bellydance 4times
star interviews, bellydancer, bellydance, news. But when I click the links am taken to the correct pages. eg: first link goes to the forum.
~Mosaic

Mosaic: Have you updated you browser recently?
I'm using firefox as well (latest version, 3.6), but it looks fine to me. Perhaps a screenshot would be helpful for the techies?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Mosaic: Have you updated you browser recently?
I'm using firefox as well (latest version, 3.6), but it looks fine to me. Perhaps a screenshot would be helpful for the techies?
Have auto updates on and it is the latest version. I have been meaning to do a screen shot. so will do that.
~Mosaic
PS: Screen shot below

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Anatoliy thinks it has to do with the way your resolution is set. We're going to fix it so it adjusts and reads properly with different resolutions. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Anatoliy thinks it has to do with the way your resolution is set. We're going to fix it so it adjusts and reads properly with different resolutions. We'll see if that makes a difference.

OK, - I have a 24" digital LCD monitor which is set on the highest res 1920x1200 (kind of like a small TV which is great for 'those older' eyes):D
~Mosaic

Harry

Hi Salome and Anatoliy,

I detect another strange issue:

a) on my office PC, I use IE6 browser. The BD news and all that stuff shows up, in (relative) position, AFTER the left margin menu.

b) on my PC at home, I use IE7. Everything shows up in what is probaby the desired position, to the right of the left margin menu.

On both, I have used various resolution settings. Same results. Strange... :confused:

For the record, I am a programmer/analyst, but my area is in non-graphical, in relational databases, meaning that, when it comes to this stuff, I'm just a moderately well-informed user.

Reen.Blom

Hi Salome and Anatoliy,

I detect another strange issue:

a) on my office PC, I use IE6 browser. The BD news and all that stuff shows up, in (relative) position, AFTER the left margin menu.

b) on my PC at home, I use IE7. Everything shows up in what is probaby the desired position, to the right of the left margin menu.

On both, I have used various resolution settings. Same results. Strange... :confused:

For the record, I am a programmer/analyst, but my area is in non-graphical, in relational databases, meaning that, when it comes to this stuff, I'm just a moderately well-informed user.

IE6??? Well its users should be used to ugliness....:think: