The Name Game

Jane

In the lower left corner click on "home". Then you can look up all kinds of names. It says Sahar means "dawn" in Arabic. :)

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
WHAHAHA! It has the option to use a transformer name! Loves it

Here is mine. Eimear Kanti

EIMEAR
Usage: Irish, Irish Mythology
Pronounced: EE-mur [key]
Modern Irish form of EMER

KANTI
Usage: Indian, Hinduism
Other Scripts: कान्ती (Hindi, Sanskrit)
Means "beauty" in Sanskrit. This is another name of the Hindu goddess Lakshmi.

Harry

Ok, how about a guy (me) trying it? I did, what I found was derived from about three levels (perhaps more).

EWAN

Anglicized form of EOGHAN

EOGHAN

Usage: Irish, Scottish, Irish Mythology Pronounced: O-in (Irish, Scottish), YO-in (Irish, Scottish) [key]

Possibly means "born from the yew tree" in Irish, though it is possibly derived from EUGENE. It was borne by several legendary or semi-legendary Irish figures, including a son of Niall of the Nine Hostages.

EUGENE

Usage: English Pronounced: YOO-jeen [key]

English form of Eugenius, the Latin form of the Greek name Ευγενιος (Eugenios) which was derived from the Greek word ευγενης (eugenes) meaning "well born". It is composed of the elements ευ "good, well" and γενης (genes) "born". This was the name of several saints and four popes.

Wow!

Daimona

I got Samiya Rukmini
  • SAMIYA
    Feminine; Arabic
    Feminine form of SAMI (2); Means "elevated, sublime, supreme" in Arabic.
  • RUKMINI
    Feminine; Indian, Hinduism
    Means "adorned with gold" in Sanskrit. In Hindu belief this is the name of a princess who became the wife of Krishna.

I can live with "supreme adorned with gold", but somehow I just had to try it once more and ended up with "Hecate Bahija":

• HECATE
    Feminine;Greek Mythology (Latinized)
    Pronounced: HEK-ə-tee (English)
    From the Greek ‘Εκατη (Hekate), possibly derived from ‘εκας (hekas) meaning "far off". In Greek mythology Hecate was a goddess associated with witchcraft, tombs, demons and the underworld.
  • BAHIJA
    Feminine; Arabic
    Means "happy" in Arabic.
:lol: Would this be a happy underworld goddess? :lol:

GypsyStacey

i got these two

Clytia Uzma

CLYTIA
Usage: Greek Mythology (Latinized)
Latinized form of KLYTIË

UZMA
Usage: Arabic
Other Scripts: عظمى (Arabic)
Means "supreme, greatest" in Arabic

gisela

Super Moderator
Love my witchname, Toadbone Batgnash.

I imagine Harmony comes from a long line of Bongodroppers ;)

Shanazel

Given my husband's ethnic background, I decided I needed a Norwegian name, too. Kari Torbjørg is the result. I am so pleased. It even includes that cool Nordic letter ø which means "you can't pronounce this letter."

Daimona

Given my husband's ethnic background, I decided I needed a Norwegian name, too. Kari Torbjørg is the result. I am so pleased. It even includes that cool Nordic letter ø which means "you can't pronounce this letter."

:lol: I can! How about æ or å ? Can you pronounce them? :lol:
Lot's of fun rare "Norwegian" names there with hilarious combinations that modern Norwegians never would have thought of themselves (hardly some of the names in there are well as I've never heard them :rolleyes:)..

Shanazel

:lol: I can! How about æ or å ? Can you pronounce them? :lol:
Lot's of fun rare "Norwegian" names there with hilarious combinations that modern Norwegians never would have thought of themselves (hardly some of the names in there are well as I've never heard them :rolleyes:)..

Ah, but you're the real deal, sweetie! The extent of my Norwegian vocabulary is uff da and lutefisk. ;)

Azrael

I got
Ssanyu
which apparently means joy in Luganda. (??)

My hillbilly name is dirtpusher HAHAHA!!