Felt like I Got a Gold Star

GypsyStacey

Last night my classes started up again. We had a week off for Spring Break. At the end we worked on shimmies the 3/4 my teacher likes. we started & my teacher was like hey you've been practicing much much better :D felt like a kid getting a gold star. there is improvement & that's a good thing.

adiemus

Go you!!!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
It is amazing what a little practice does (I always have great intentions in the holidays .....;)) - Good for you! & here is a dancing gold star!
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Wonderful!
I know the feeling :).
After half a year of pause from regular classes I got back in February and we practiced spinning a lot. I used to be very good at that, but now I was a total mess. I was all over the place, couldn't keep the straight line across the floor, tilted to one side, limped because one foot was relevé and one on flat, got so dizzy I was close to throwing up...and on top of that I was totally frustrated and sad because I HAD been good at it and lost it.

Then.... after a month or so, I suddenly got it together, and my teacher gave me two thumbs up! That kept me excited for like a week :lol: Talk about feeling like a lttle kid with a gold star. We need so little praise to feel great :D

Yshka

Congrats Stacey!!! I agree with Gisela, I also get like that sometimes. We had our annual Oriental Night Out (our student Hafla) this past weekend and put on a half-an-hour show for the first time with our now-consisting-of-just-four-dancers troupe. We all were so nervous, but when we went on all of the show went so well incuding costume changes and all. I danced a baladi as the last number of the show, and an Egyptian drummer who we've known for years came up to me, took my hand and said "that baladi was good" (he doesn't give out compliments often and last time he saw me attempt a baladi he complained it was too mahmoud reda'ish, haha).

AM... STILL.... SMILING.... :D:D:D

btw, Mosaic, your gold dancing star is really adorable!!!

GypsyStacey

Congrats Stacey!!! I agree with Gisela, I also get like that sometimes. We had our annual Oriental Night Out (our student Hafla) this past weekend and put on a half-an-hour show for the first time with our now-consisting-of-just-four-dancers troupe. We all were so nervous, but when we went on all of the show went so well incuding costume changes and all. I danced a baladi as the last number of the show, and an Egyptian drummer who we've known for years came up to me, took my hand and said "that baladi was good" (he doesn't give out compliments often and last time he saw me attempt a baladi he complained it was too mahmoud reda'ish, haha).

that's a great story. have to love those little pats on the back they really help.

Farasha Hanem

What does "mahmoud reda'ish" mean, Yshka? :think: