Bellydance Scavenger Hunt game!

Jujube

This is a new game, which hopefully will help us discover and share some juicy bd deliciousness.

Pretty simple--put up a request (hopefully one that isn't too terribly specific, though a tough one here or there could be fun) for something to find. A picture of a particular color or type of costume, a video clip of a particular move or performer, etc. Once it's found, the finder will post the next challenge item.

To start it off, I will challenge you to find......

A video clip of some great undulations.

Shanazel

Ooooo, new game, great challenge. May take a while to look through favorite videos for answers, but here we go! Thanks, Jujube.

Jujube

It's always interesting to me all the different names people have for them. I love undulations, upper body, lower, both, reverses.... all of them!

Searching for a really fab olive costume.....

Shanazel

Find a video of an American cabaret dancer from the 1970s.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Specifically amcab- let's not make this too easy, after all!

Jamila doesn't count. This was her nonsense phase of "ancient dance" before she got the nerve to admit she had invented something new and glorious.

Shanazel

It's in the right spirit- I'll take it! And what is your contribution to the scavenger hunt? You get to pick the next quest, Gisela!

gisela

Super Moderator
All right! I didn't want to set up a mission in case the video wasn't accepted :)

I'd like to see an enchanting veil dance (still bellydancey though, not total fusion), where the veil is really a dancepartner and not just a prop. I want to expand my knowledge of handing and manipulating the veil so please help me out :D

adiemus

Lovely, lovely, lovely Caroline. That was a beautiful piece of music, beautiful veil and still bellydancerish. (if that's a word!) Now it's your turn!
BTW I am so enjoying this thread, it's a great one!

Caroline_afifi

mmm...:think:

OK, find a clip of a solo dancer who uses the most props in their performance...not fusion.

and list what they are...:dance:

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank you Caroline! I hadn't seen that video before and enjoyed it very much. Even saw some new moves I had never seen before.

artemisiadances

ooh, that one is quite old already, glad people like it!

the music is Adel Salameh, Amina. (CD: Nuzha-Promenade), the whole cd is wonderfull.

Jujube

Great!

I would LOVE to see a fab red hip scarf. Preferably one that's for sale. (And extra credit for gold coins!) I've never found a red one I love, so it's a glaring gap on my hip scarf collection.