Gaining a belly

o0oLaylao0o

Hi Everyone-
I need some tips, Im very thin, I am trying to keep a belly but with 4 belly classes a week everything burns off super fast. Any tips on gaining helpful weight or how to stretch or get elasticity in my tummy- I would like to keep inshape everywhere else- just get that coveted belly!

Farasha Hanem

Are you having trouble seeing undulations/shimmies, and are you underweight? You might want to talk to your doctor before going on a weight-gaining program. I'm sorry I don't have any other advice to offer, but without specifics, I'm not sure which direction to point you, other than your primary care physician or nutritionist.

o0oLaylao0o

Tehe no Im not underweight- Im just thin, always have been, and judging by my family genes always will be.
I can do a belly roll, but its so tiny looking I feel if I have a bigger "fleshier" belly I might have more definition in undulating and bellyrolls up and down

.Im very healthy Im a vegan and am often checked out by the Doctor

Would belly pops maybe gain more elasticity?

I love Suhalia's belly

da Sage

Hi Everyone-
I need some tips, Im very thin, I am trying to keep a belly but with 4 belly classes a week everything burns off super fast. Any tips on gaining helpful weight or how to stretch or get elasticity in my tummy- I would like to keep inshape everywhere else- just get that coveted belly!

I think you should enjoy your natural body shape, and forget about expanding your tummy. Eventually you will get a belly naturally (almost all older women develop a belly eventually, even if they don't have children), in the meantime you should enjoy having a nice taut young body as long as it lasts.

Earlier you mentioned wanting Suhaila's body. I'm telling you right now, that if you ever want to do pro work, your current body will be more of an asset than one modeled on Suhaila. Slender, straight figures or restrained hourglass types are the most marketable. Suhaila's current figure is strong and athletic, but IMO it's not a particular asset to her career. It's her dancing, teaching, and marketing skills that got her where she is today. Emulate Suhaila to further your career if you like, but it's her skills and charisma that are coveted by most people, not her belly!

I bet if you drink three beers a night, you'll wind up with a belly! You may find that you don't like the look of it as much as you thought you would, and it may be hard to get rid of it. Do you really want to buy all new clothes for work or school? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on dance classes and dance costumes?

Farasha Hanem

I think you should enjoy your natural body shape, and forget about expanding your tummy. Eventually you will get a belly naturally (almost all older women develop a belly eventually, even if they don't have children), in the meantime you should enjoy having a nice taut young body as long as it lasts.

Earlier you mentioned wanting Suhaila's body. I'm telling you right now, that if you ever want to do pro work, your current body will be more of an asset than one modeled on Suhaila. Slender, straight figures or restrained hourglass types are the most marketable. Suhaila's current figure is strong and athletic, but IMO it's not a particular asset to her career. It's her dancing, teaching, and marketing skills that got her where she is today. Emulate Suhaila to further your career if you like, but it's her skills and charisma that are coveted by most people, not her belly!

I bet if you drink three beers a night, you'll wind up with a belly! You may find that you don't like the look of it as much as you thought you would, and it may be hard to get rid of it. Do you really want to buy all new clothes for work or school? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on dance classes and dance costumes?

daSage is right---having to buy a new everyday wardrobe was something I didn't think about. :confused: She's also right about how hard it is to get rid of a belly once you have one. I'm a petite 94 lb. 49-year-old, but I still have a belly from having had two kids and three abdominal surgeries (two C-sections and a gall bladder removal). For years, I had an awful time accepting the changes in my body. I'd hate to see anyone else go through that.

Gaining a belly also doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get definition in your undulations or belly rolls. In fact, having the extra weight might make it even harder to see them. It's not necessary to have a bigger belly to be able to see your belly work. Rachel Brice is an excellent example:

YouTube - Rachel Brice - Tribal Fusion Belly Dance

You can clearly see her belly work, even though she's as thin as a rail. She practices yoga regularly, and has wonderful muscle control in her abdominals (and everywhere else!).

Hope this helps you. :)

Last edited:

lizaj

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/lizajuk/joy410helen.jpg[/IMG]

I wouldn't stress too much about ganing a belly.This is Helen who won the JoY rising stars competition,performing in the show. I hope she doesn't mind me saying that she hasn't a pick on her (as we say) but her shimmies are magnificent!:clap: