Accommodation in Cairo

Hi

I run an artists' residency on Messaha Street just by the Pyramisa Hotel, Cairo.* It is actually in the same building as the well known belly dance costume shop which many dancers visit when here in Cairo.* Therefore I am incredibly conveniently placed for the Nile Group festival event at the Pyramisa and also a good base for dancers and artists visiting the city at any other time. There are also established and professional dancers close by with accommodation and dance space who can also accommodate you here in Cairo,network you and deliver workshops during your stay.

About ARC - Arts Residency Cairo

ArtHome is the first step of ARC.

The residency is also my home and intended as a heart centre for developing artistic work and providing a landing mat for those seeking to absorb Cairo and hear its many stories as well an opportunity to be linked in with the art scene. Downtown is bustling with creativity; artists and writers gather in the numerous coffee houses and bars and radical and exciting work can be found in the galleries and venues. The city is full of paradoxes of old and new, traditional and contemporary.

The premises are centrally located in Dokki, near to the Nile and Cairo Opera House. One can reach downtown Cairo by two stops on the metro or by a 20 minute walk.

ArtHome at ARC accommodates up to 4 artists at any one time; with two people sharing each room (or you can book a bedroom to be private if you wish).* It has wooden floors throughout and lots of light and a great view from its 7th floor position where you can see across the city and also some of the Nile. There is one living room, two bathrooms, a kitchen and one shared studio/workspace with good light and one of the bedrooms also has available workspace. Internet connection via Wireless is available throughout the flat.
The price per person per night is 120 LE and is based on two people sharing a room.

Residents self cater but I do have to mention that the household is vegan; vegetarian is fine but no meat or fish is to be kept or consumed inside.* I hope this is OK for you and that you understand or can respect that.* It is for reasons of love and compassion and also health and safety.

I can link you in with other arts centres and bigger studio space if you felt you needed more space to work other than what is available with me.* I am interested to help create links between artists locally and internationally and with venues and centres.
I am a writer, mainly a poet but currently working on prose, I also work with film and audio and create performances and installations and I will be working with art centres in various ways.

There is no application process other than you let me know a bit about yourself and creative practice and what you would work on whilst here.

I look forward to sharing this springtime beginning of ARC with you.* I intend for ARC to blossom into a larger venue; accommodating more artists at one time and providing larger workspace in-house, once it and I have found our Egyptian feet.

Many thanks and all best for now, Linda

Linda Cleary
Director
ARC - Arts Residency Cairo
an open artists' residency
ARC - Arts Residency Cairo

email: lindawildfire@hotmail.com

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi!
This sounds amazing! I have already friended you on facebook a while ago and am seriously thinking of applying. I am a ceramic artist and would love to explore both the ancient and modern ceramic art and craft of egypt.
Dreeeeaaaming of a chance to apply for this terrific offer.
Good luck with it all!
Gisela

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sounds absolutely amazing, Hopefully one day I will get the opportunity to visit. I am sure ARC will be very successful.

As for vegan/vegetarian, I was raised vegetarian and my Mum is vegan, so for me that would not be an issue at all and I am sure many artists would either be vegetarian or very happy to accept the rules.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Do kept us updated on how everything is going with ARC & yourself.
~Mosaic