Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really thought it would be easy but what I didn't anticipate when I signed up for classes was my excitement to make me so impatient....I know it will be a lot of work but I'm ready to be good now!!! January when classes start back up seems so far away!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I'm going through a bit of a dance depression myself right now- hope to heck it is one of those growth spurts, A'isha, instead of one of those "this part of me doesn't work any more and it is permanent" spurts.
    Ha, quoting myself. Shortly after I posted that, I discovered that much of my dance depression was due to coming down with a horrific case of bronchitis and sinus infection. I was pretty down and out for a couple of weeks, and am just now beginning to feel like I will live, though I don't plan on running up any stairs lately. You are right, of course, A'isha, about replacing young dancer skills with mature dancer skills. Thank you for your comments.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I once told my instructor (of 35 years experience) that if I had known how difficult this dance form is, there'd have been NO way I would have become involved with it!

But now, I have no choice but to continue - I love it so.

But you gals talking about being the worst Belly Dancer on the planet: BACK OFF! That there's MY title!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

well, I've learned that Bellydance really isn't easy. It takes lots of practice, isolation, grace, and whatnot. I think for a while I thought I could do anything because I have pretty good muscle isolation, but now I'm like, that's just the beginning!!!!

you know,i agree its not easy,though it does come with practise,faith and devotion.
    you will be amazed how soon you will gradually be able to do more and more.
    i have heard it said that it can take around 3 years to be completely comfortable/fluid etc,i am still in the early days myself.

the best of luck,and thankx for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    But you gals talking about being the worst Belly Dancer on the planet: BACK OFF! That there's MY title!
    Ooooh, Zorba, you are so conceited!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Ooooh, Zorba, you are so conceited!

up north in a waterproof sequin-coverd yurt
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a good reality check to read these posts. I've been dancing almost 9 years and I still think its not easy at times. Everytime to this day when I learn a choreography, I still stumble around it until it all clicks. Everything has a learning curve. I get down on myself about it sometimes because I know no matter how much I practice I'll never be as good as (insert your name here____________) but I also remember when I first started how my friend who had danced professionally had tried bellydance and said it was the hardest dance form he had tried and was really impressed I was sticking with it. Sometimes I think I peaked already but then it seems new stuff comes out of that thank god.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12