Zill learning need advice on CDs and DVDs

Nebetmiw

I am researching CD and DVds on learning zills. I can only buy one product at this time so want one that will help me learn the most. I do own both zill and sagats but they are student quality which I will upgrade later. I do have my own frame drum and have participated in drum circles not related to BD. I can hear the beats fairly well in most music.

Ok, with all that said here are some I am looking into. I would love opinions on these you might have one or more of one to give me a idea which way would be best. I would be interesed in any others beside what I have listed also. First off I have had no music training at all. Never really worked with my zills since I have had them. Am still learning MD rythms.

Cd's I am looking into Zill Speak and Saqat Speak. These just came out end of last year.

Zills on Fire by Lil Splane.

Both of these have books as well as Cd's.

DVD I am looking at is Ansuya's first figure cymble one from IAMED.

Since I can only buy one product I want it to be something I can learn and use for long time. I was able to find the review on the Zills Speak on Gilded Serpent. I also have found the Zills of Fire site. Which is one reason I am undecided. All three of these sound perfect for me so I need to help choosing from those that have them. :D

Please help a student that truley wants to learn Zilling. :dance:

Elextrica

I have found the dvd "Bellydance with Zils" (Elsa Leandros) to be very helpful - you can buy it on amazon and i think it is under $20.
"Killer Ziller" (dvd) with Michelle Joyce is also really helpful.
i cannot say which one i found better - Elsa Leandros teaches playing the zills equally with both hands - so you can lead with your left and right if you choose to, which i have found really useful instead of just always leading with the right.
Good luck! Learning the zills can be very frustrating - so hang in there!!

Elextrica

Nebetmiw

TY Daimona for the links. I had read them but am still unsure which would be best. It is just the 3 since they would work best for my level.

Electrica I had considered the 2 you mentioned but after reading reviews decided to wait till I had some experiance with zills. Right now I need one to take me from bare bones beginner up to intermeditate beginner. I figure the 3 I listed would do that the best.

Does anyone have Zills on Fire by Lily Splane? That is the one I am having the hardest time getting any info on from personal experiance. The other 2 I have gotten more infomation on from posts and reviews but not Zills of Fire. If someone has both and can do a comparisson that would be great.

Thanks a bunch for all the help.

Nebetmiw

Ok I have now found others that sound good too. Jamila Salimpour finger cymbal CD need where to find this for more info.
Tobias Roberson keeps coming up also as a good source it is a CD or DVD and what is the title?
Mastering the Finger cymbals by Mary Ellen Donald. This is Cd and book. Are the newer ones Cd and book sets any better or more indepth?

Here is a question for those that have zilling CD and DVD's. Which worked better for you in learning them? I am trying to gather as much info as I can to make a choise since I can only buy 1 of these. Since I have no live teacher and not one at all close to me. The closest is 150+ miles away and does not teach zills. So you see why I am making such a fuss on this.