Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but I am unsure of how easy they are to quickly take off. I thought about transforming my neckband-wings to armbands-wings, as it would also solve the length problem I always have with normal wings. (They are too short)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Yes, but I am unsure of how easy they are to quickly take off. I thought about transforming my neckband-wings to armbands-wings, as it would also solve the length problem I always have with normal wings. (They are too short)
    Very sneaky Great idea though.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a bad mood and skiving off at work! >:O Discussion of shiney things should perk me up and make me more productive, yes?

I'm slightly hijacking this thread to ask if anybody uses these mini-wings that I've seen at Dahlal.com. As a petite person I am overwhelmed by the idea of the standard wings...

Might be a nice way to shake up people's expectations of Isis Wings in a routine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onela View Post
    I'm in a bad mood and skiving off at work! >:O Discussion of shiney things should perk me up and make me more productive, yes?

I'm slightly hijacking this thread to ask if anybody uses these mini-wings that I've seen at Dahlal.com. As a petite person I am overwhelmed by the idea of the standard wings...

Might be a nice way to shake up people's expectations of Isis Wings in a routine?
    The bellydance Shop Belly Dance Costumes | Belly Dance Store.com: gallery has them as well for $50 & $65. I have never seen anyone use them though. To me they look neither here nor there.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Onela. I have also never seen them used, as I can remember...

Here is a nice trick. It's in the end at 2.56. Bozenka grabs the other edge of the wings for a softer veil-y look. Me like I am getting really inspired now. Troupe practice tomorrow , so it is about time to come up with some new stuff.

This is just going in the collection of new ways to handle the wings
    Last edited by gisela; 05-21-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the monologue guys. I hope it can come in handy for someone else too someday.

Stuff I like at: 1:29, 1:54, and the same again at 2:02.

Dramatic "diving" at the beginning.
    Last edited by gisela; 05-21-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And just to mention that Khalida has an instructional video for using wings.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a group piece with wings that kept my attention during the whole song:

--
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, that was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    ...but I would like a really cool and almost "invisible" way to do it. Asmahan does a very nice trick that I am going to practice a bit to see if it fits with the dance.
    Dunno if this helps - but I have a routine with a minute or so of wings in the beginning. My neck strap is velcro - I simply back up a "reasonable distance" upstage, give the (front of the) neckband a quick tug, and let them fall off behind me. Pretty "invisible".

As for videos, Ayshe is the Queen of wings:

Zorba's Video Reviews: Wings, The Complete Technique by Ayshe
    Last edited by Zorba; 06-05-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast