Just a Jersey Girl

Madra_Heretic

hello all! Joined this forum so I could discuss my love of dancing with others who love it too. I'm a solitary dancer. Took lessons for about a year, but my teacher was awful, so I am a roughly self tought tribal/gothic fusion dancer.

MH

Madra_Heretic

Hi, to the forum. Interesting name is there a story behind it?
~Mosaic

Thanx for the warm welcome! My name,well, Madra is a name I gave to a Faun doll (she has hooves and horns:) ) that I bought. I didnt know what to call her. But one night I was outside all alone and litterally heard the name Madra spoken on the wind. Weird, I know. I developed a very intense spiritual connection with her. She has the most amazing belly and hips! Sheer perfection. I had tried to figure out my name for a long time, but nothing ever fit, until Madra came into my life. Her seconed name is actually Heranum, but it didnt fit with me. Heretic seemed to work better with the industrial/ goth feel of my dancing. Sorry if that turned into a ramble LOL:lol:

MH

Madra_Heretic

Hello! Hope you continue your dance education despite your bad experience! :clap:

Oh I certainly will. I want to start taking lessons but cant find anybody around here who teaches the gothic fusion style. But I'm super rusty, so I should really like to just work on the tribal basics at this point anyway.

Gia al Qamar

Madra...we'll absolutely have to get in touch and do a meet-n-greet some day soon ok? I'm in the Passaic County area...are you near? Stay in touch...we have a great dance community here!

Madra_Heretic

Madra...we'll absolutely have to get in touch and do a meet-n-greet some day soon ok? I'm in the Passaic County area...are you near? Stay in touch...we have a great dance community here!

That sounds swesome Gia! There is no dance community where I live. I'm about an hour away from Passaic, but I'm about an hour away from everything. Out in the farm lands of Morris county.

Gia al Qamar

That sounds swesome Gia! There is no dance community where I live. I'm about an hour away from Passaic, but I'm about an hour away from everything. Out in the farm lands of Morris county.

Ahhh...yes...very few Belly Dancers from that area...but maybe some good shows, classes and workshops can 'lure' you from the cows eh? LOL!!!
;)

Nath

Hi Nath! My family and I go to the state fair up there every summer:D And good for you for embarrasing your grand kids:lol: I hope to one day be able to do the same.

The volunteer group I belly dance with will be performing at the fair this year. I believe they do every year.