Lip Stain

LunaXJJ

To be honest I have never heard of it, but then again I am not into makeup at all and only ever wear it when I am performing or for a special night out, so just run with what I already have:D When I saw the title of the thread I thought that maybe you had found an old fashioned way of colouring the lips. I have heard that young women who wanted to look their best in front of someone they fancied ( before the advent of makeup or before they were old enough to wear it it) would pinch their cheeks and bite their lips to bring a rosiness to said areas. So here I was thinking maybe you had come across a less painful way of bringing about such rosiness :lol:

So after all that, what exactly is this lipstain?
~Mosaic

Hmmmm....
*Goes to mirror, pinch, pinch, chomp, chomp*
Makes my cheeks a little red, but for the most part it just hurts my face. :lol:

Bast

I used to hate lipstick but I love my lip stain.
I've been using Senegence Lipsense for a couple of years. I only had one colour as I usually just wear pale gloss during the day and use the darker lipstain for going out at night.

I just recently bought a bright red for stage as I know it will stay put.

The only negative is the price about $35 AUD but then i've wasted more than that on high end lipsticks that have gone all over my face. It also tingles a bit when you put it on.

dreamkitaro

lipstain

Just started wearing lip stains and I am hooked! 1st one I tried was Cover Girl Sassy Mauve. The only thing about this is when I put it on it looked more red Still looked great. Lasted much longer than lip gloss.
Then tried Pixi Lip Blush lip stains which can be found on Amazon or at Target. I tried "Love" and "Purity". Both look great and natural. Last pretty well on lips. Going to try "Youth" next. These can be layered on for depth which is nice. Both the Cover Girl and Pixi are very easy to apply, they are like small marker style.

Greek Bonfire

It's a lip cosmetic that doesn't contain wax, unlike traditional lipsticks, and they're designed to do what their name says---stain the lips. :D I read online that the colors are supposed to be longlasting; I haven't tried any of them (yet), but I might in the near future. :)

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had gotten a lipstick stain on a costume somehow! :shok: But then I guess it would have ended up in the Costumes section! :rolleyes: :lol:

This would be good for not getting stains on the costume, as I have gotten lipstick stains on my veils when the veils got too close to my mouth. Then I keep thinking everybody can see the stain on my veil as I keep performing, never mind if my lips look lopsided because some of it is on my veil! :shok:

LilithNoor

I've had good results with Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Duo. It comes in a really deep wine shade which I love, and it stays on through almost
anything

It's pricey, but it lasts- I bought mine for my wedding in 2008 and it's still going strong.

Belly Love

I know this isn't a stain, but I like Aveda's lipsticks for when I want to wear something that isn't sticky. They are all natural and their color is highly pigmented so it stays for a long time. They are also very velvety.

Their "lip saver" is amazing btw :)

Mohana

I really like the Covergirl lip stain as well. I have a habit of eating my lipstick, so even when i wear lipstick I wear lipstain underneath!

Starmouth

Anybody have any experience with/opinion on the lip stains that they sell at the Body Shop? I don't shop there often any more.

I always use the Body Shop lip stain and it really is excellent. The darker red one, with a gloss over the top, is what I always use when dancing.

Saracia

I love lip stains and have been using them off and on for going out for years. The Covergirl product is pretty amazing. I've recently found a new stain by Morpho That is wonderful, but rather spendy at around $20 a tube.
A couple things about using stains though, They will make your lips look dried out and will not apply properly if you have dry or cracked lips so keeping lips moisturized well in advance is key.

~Saracia~

LuLu

I love the Lip Stain it lasts so long on me I use it under lipstick too for more color.

kevin_dp

Hello,

To get a really great and quick lip stain, all you have to do is go to your kitchen. If you have a box of red Jell-O then you're in business. If you don't have one on hand then you can grab a small box from your local grocer for only a couple of dollars. The best flavor to use is Strawberry or Cherry, because they give the best natural red stain.

Shanazel

Welcome, Kevin. How about heading over to the meet and greet section and introducing yourself so we can get to know the person giving all this interesting beauty advice? :)