Post Thanks / Like

Default Ava Flemming's Drum Solo Choreography

Hello Ladies,

How are you all? I hope everyone is great and dancing till the sun goes down. I bought Ava Flemming's Drum Solo Choreo dvd. I was perusing other dvds by her and saw the she also has a dvd called Sizzlin Hips, and another called Sizzlin Torso. Has anyone purchased and used either of these? Do you find that you have gotten value for money with these dvd's? Would you suggest I purchase them?

Thanx in advance

Nym

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzlin Hips and Sizzlin Torso look at various moves and combinations using say skeletal for one time, certain muscles for the next time, another set of muscles for the third time. I like them because they make me more aware of my body and how it moves and what causes which look but not everyone does.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Teela,

Thanks for the prompt response. I was hoping to buy Dynamic Drum Solo by Sadie. However since I have Ms. Flemming's drum solo, I was wondering if I should supplement it with her other dvd's. What do you think?

Nym

Post Thanks / Like

I would totally recommend Sizzlin Hips and Sizzlin Torso to anyone. It's at the top of my must buy list. I borrowed the studio copy and was so impressed I have to get my own and that is all there is to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nym

It depends on what you want fom a DVD.

The Torso and Hips ones are interesting, they are quite enlightening about different types and mechanics of moves. But to me those are not DVDs i would use over and over again, because once I got the principle behind them( Very well worth it) they become of little interest.

If you want a choreography DVD, then Torso and Hips are wrong for you.

But If you interested in learning the underlying technique and the differeneces between different teachers approaches (which can be confusing, for example one tells you to lift your hip using the knee, the other one using your glutes and another one using obliques or combination of above) then go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I have Ms. Flemming's choreography. I was wondering if I should supplement if with those two dvd's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nym View Post
    Actually I have Ms. Flemming's choreography. I was wondering if I should supplement if with those two dvd's.

I meant that if you want a choreo DVD then you should go for Sadie's drum DVD instead. If you want technique then torso and hips.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Reen Bloom,

It was a real toss up when it came to choosing a drum solo dvd. I wanted to purchase Sadie's dvd and I saw a few reviews for Ava Flemming's dvd. So I will be definitely purchasing Sadie's dvd next.

I thank you for your insight. As I do not have an instructor, based on the info you have provided, I will purchase the Sizzlin Hips dvd. Technique is definitely important.

Thanx so much,

Nym