A bit strange...

Chubby Vixen

Hi all!

Im new here. To give you the long story short of how and why im here...here goes...

I have a twin sister and we were both thin. Apparently Ive been unlucky genetically, and my metabolism slowed to almost a stop quite early. This has led me to gain quite some weight, whilst my sister is still skinny. Of course, she has teased me a lot, and made a joke that I should try belly dancing because "i have the belly for it". Well, I went ahead and tred it...and loved it! Thats how and why I am here....

I just wondering how other people cope if anyone else has gone through rapid weight gain? Before anyone asks, I went to see a doctor and got a clean bill of health. My weight gain is purely down to my metabolism slowing and i am aware of the ways to speed it up.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. I suggest you put your question in the health & fitness forum, not all members check the meet & greet forum.
~Mosaic

Yshka

Hi and welcome!! Nice to have another bellydance addict join the boards. Enjoy dancing and posting!

da Sage

Hi Chubby Vixen,

I finally put on weight once my teeth were fixed, and I was able to eat like a normal person. I put on even more weight when I left home and stopped eating my mother's (relatively healthy) home cooking.

I am a fan of loving the body you have now, because it will change in the future...it can get more wrinkly, weaker, fatter, more moley, less firm, less voluptous, more arthritic...so be happy with what you have now, and take care of yourself so that you can do all the things you want to do in the future!

And welcome to the forum.:)

Shanazel

Over the course of my adult life, my shape has changed so many times that my husband says it has been like having a dozen different women all in the same old girl. :lol: No cloud without a silver lining, hmm?

Welcome to the forum.