cellulite

KELLYNICOLE

Hi
I am 43 and I had cellulite in my thighs and arms, which looked very awkward. I used some cellulite creams from different companies. It did reduced my cellulite but, it left stretch marks on my thighs and arms. Moreover it seems my cellulite is again reappearing. I have read a lot about cellulite, but nothing seems to help me out. Please suggest. Thank you in advance

Farasha Hanem

Hi, KellyNicole, welcome to the forum. The sad truth is, there is no magic cure for cellulite. Here are some cellulite facts:

Cellulite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can slightly improve the appearance of cellulite with diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes but you can't get rid of it completely. As much as we may dislike it, it's normal to have cellulite as your body changes and grows older.

Shanazel

Have you ever heard the Serenity Prayer? "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

For me, cellulite comes under the first category. Life is too short to worry about not looking like an air-brushed photo of an eighteen year old model. What do you especially like about yourself, KellyNicole? Pretty eyes, long legs, graceful arms, oval nails, good hair color? The more joy you take in the positives, the less you care about the negatives. Seriously, ask someone what they notice first when they see you. I'll bet a cookie no one says, "Your cellulite." ;)

Many many moons ago, I complained about my jiggling cellulite to my husband. He slapped me on the butt and said firmly, "Girls are supposed to jiggle." I reckon he's right or none of us would work so hard to perfect a shimmy.

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Cellulite has been talked about in many threads here already. I've linked them for you so you might get the information you want.

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/beauty-fitness/8641-cellulite-tummy-yuck.html

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/bea...od-exercises-cellulite-driving-me-insane.html

No matter what people tell you, the only way to get rid of cellulite is to get very EXPENSIVE professinal surgery. Creams, jells, massage, etc will only make a temporary suttle change. Once you stop it comes back because it never went away in the first place.

It does not matter what you weigh eaither since there are models, size 0, who have cellulite but it is painted, covered over, or digitally removed in picture and in person.

Jujube

It does not matter what you weigh eaither since there are models, size 0, who have cellulite but it is painted, covered over, or digitally removed in picture and in person.

True, true. I'm no model but I'm a size 0 and my thighs have always had cellulite. The only thing that has ever improved it is to do a lot of incline treadmill work, which builds the muscles in that area, reducing the dimply appearance--but it doesn't eliminate the appearance.

Farasha Hanem

Cellulite has been talked about in many threads here already. I've linked them for you so you might get the information you want.

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/bea...od-exercises-cellulite-driving-me-insane.html

No matter what people tell you, the only way to get rid of cellulite is to get very EXPENSIVE professinal surgery. Creams, jells, massage, etc will only make a temporary suttle change. Once you stop it comes back because it never went away in the first place.

Another size 0 here, weighing in at 98 pounds (yeeeeeeeah, I gained 4 recently, too many chocolate shakes :redface: ), and still have cellulite. Ahh, well... *slurps chocolate shake*

Jujube

Another size 0 here, weighing in at 98 pounds (yeeeeeeeah, I gained 4 recently, too many chocolate shakes :redface: ), and still have cellulite. Ahh, well... *slurps chocolate shake*

I've put on a few lately myself....bread is my kryptonite....

Azrael

I saw on a medical show once how they actually get rid of cellulite... They inject fat into the "dents" to fill it out. Now that disturbs me... Why would I willingly inject myself with fat? :lol:

FRANCESANN

Hi
First let me advise you, please don’t use cellulite creams they are a scam. They just know how to take money from people. The best you can do is
Walk every day for 1 hour and do appropriate exercises
See that you don’t eat junk food too much, they are a big reason why cellulite always comes back.
Smoking is also responsible for cellulite – if you have that habit please quit
Avoid milk, curd and Non vegetarian food.
Not only your stretch marks will disappear, but also it will not let your cellulite reappear

gisela

Super Moderator
Dear KELLYNICOLE and FRANCESANN,
It seems you could discuss this in your own home face to face since you are posting from the same computer. Are you sisters or just a split personality?

Greek Bonfire

I hear you - I've had cellulite since I was 12! I found, however, that a tan makes it look less noticeable, and the "tan in a can" is just as good (don't go outside in the sun). Other than that, nothing has helped. I've dieted and exercised my whole life but unless never eating fat is the preventive cure, nothing has helped. Maybe if I ever hit it rich, I'll try the injections but I've never been comfortable with stuff like that. But having a tan does detract from it a lot.

zahra

Try the TTapp exercise system, Teresa was a trainer for
Ford models so she has some helpful suggestions for cellulite.

ic3st0rmer

seems like all sizes can be hit by cellulite... and i thought only the bigger sizes like me will get it... but i'm only 23!!! :(:(

oh btw, i heard that we can improve e cellulite or prevent it by squeezing our butt... glute muscles??

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Dear KELLYNICOLE and FRANCESANN,
It seems you could discuss this in your own home face to face since you are posting from the same computer. Are you sisters or just a split personality?
:lol::lol: How did I miss this one back in 2010. Seems you shut the sisters/split personality all CAP users up;)
~Mosaic

Greek Bonfire

I have recently discovered Natural Glow Firming Cream by Jergens and it helps reduce the appearance of cellulite while adding color to your skin. It's not a cure but it does truly help reduce the appearance of cellulite.

This advice is for BOTH twins!