Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Congratulations on moving up to the next level of dance!!!!! Go! Go! Go!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Anjanah; 07-31-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Delete

Post Thanks / Like

Stick with it girl you can do it!!!!!!! Your task is the get as much as you can from the experienced beautiful dancer, your teacher, and who on earth cares what others think? Show those gals that you can do it as well as they can!

Be sure to wear something you feel good in. Very important to be comfy in you clothes!!

In my class its all the oposite - im the one in a tshirt and a gypsy skirt and the older bigger ladies wearing sparkles and coins and man, they are having a blast!

Main point is to have fun, be comfortable in own skin, own world. No use to compare yourself to others, there is always someone more pretty, more thin or more curvy, smarter, richer, more talented. But we have to show THAT WE ARE WHAT WE ARE.

Just enjoy dancing and know that you can do it as well (if not better) than those girls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Stick with it girl you can do it!!!!!!! Your task is the get as much as you can from the experienced beautiful dancer, your teacher, and who on earth cares what others think? Show those gals that you can do it as well as they can!

Be sure to wear something you feel good in. Very important to be comfy in you clothes!!

In my class its all the oposite - im the one in a tshirt and a gypsy skirt and the older bigger ladies wearing sparkles and coins and man, they are having a blast!

Main point is to have fun, be comfortable in own skin, own world. No use to compare yourself to others, there is always someone more pretty, more thin or more curvy, smarter, richer, more talented. But we have to show THAT WE ARE WHAT WE ARE.

Just enjoy dancing and know that you can do it as well (if not better) than those girls.
    Thank you dear lady. The older woman in my primary class with teacher "A" come all blinged out too. It does make it much more fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to sound like I'm bragging but I have a pretty good body. But I get tired of goddess sized dancers who automatically assume that because I'm not overweight, I am a beyatch without getting to know me. When I go to class, I could care less what size you are but am more interested in you as a person and your interest in dance. But when these goddess DIVAS put up walls based on sight judgment it upsets me as much as slender girls treating goddess sized dancers badly. In other words, don't make judgments based on others' looks either. I'm not saying that anybody here is like that but I've seen "reverse discrimination" enough and it's not nice either. I've spoken with other slender dancers who get this treatment and it's not right either.

Okay, off of my soapbox.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeahhhh..... I would hate to think the ladies in my class want me out cos of different age group/ body shape... I guess i joined later.... but it is all about enthusiasm and love of dance....

Post Thanks / Like

Dear ,just be yourself .Don't think that much . Dance happily .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sbellydance View Post
    Dear ,just be yourself .Don't think that much . Dance happily .

MMm to dance well one has to be thoughtful....

Post Thanks / Like

Probably dont think about the negative things...

Post Thanks / Like

Even your first teacher recognizes you've advanced beyond her class. She wouldn't tell you to go more advanced if she didn't think you were ready.

Also, belly dancing isn't for one type of person. Its for people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. Don't ever think you're not good enough just because you've got some meat on you, and because you weren't born at the right time. Have some confidence in yourself.

I've noticed more mistakes in people who are insecure, than confident ones. When you worry, you tend to tense up, confidence will help you loosen up, and have fun.

Best ofluck to you, and congrats on your advancement.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not keen on the phrase 'real women'. It's nonsensical; any woman in existence is a 'real' woman. No woman can be called more or less real than another because of weight or appearance.

Definition of real:

1. existing or occurring in the physical world; not imaginary, fictitious, or theoretical; actual

with credit to the free dictionary.com

I know it might be an obvious statement to make, but that phrase gets thrown around often and it doesn't really mean anything. Also, that phrase promotes judgement of thinner ladies i.e. skinny women aren't real women.

The bottom line is don't make your weight an issue as far as your dancing is concerned. If you are trying to lose weight then that's great and I wish you the best of luck but you have every right to be in that class. Even if those ladies do judge you (which it doesn't sound like they are) rise above it. Enjoy your class, it's your time, money and dance experience! Happy dancing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast