Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rachel Brice's New DVD: Serpentine

Anyone has it yet? Sounds like a terrific amount of instruction!

This one is next on my wishlist!

Post Thanks / Like

it's definitely on my wish list!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like its a looong DVD (2 discs) So definitely good value, and the price is accesible, not like other charging 3 times more for 3 tims less instruction.

I am so glad she went for world dance new york!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I am a huge Rachel Brice fan, so, as with everything, take this with a grain of salt.

I bought it on impulse a couple weeks ago. While I was waiting for it to get here, I watched that video compulsively, building up my expectations.

It finally got here after about 5 days. I popped it into my computer almost immediately.

I love it! My only complaint so far is that the choreos are a little short. They are just long enough to let you get some ideas to build your own - don't expect a full performance you can modify or something. They satisfy what they promise, but not much more.

My favorite part so far is the shimmy drill, if only because I never would have been able to do it even three months ago (I've gotten a lot better recently!).

You can read my full review on my website if you'd like.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you bashta for your review! Im not that interested in a choreo, it is drills im after, but this DVD has both... so starting a savings fund

Post Thanks / Like

I have it and I love it!!!! Everything! And like someone said earlier, the choreographies offered were a bit too short but incredibly inspiring. There's so much materiel in the DVDs you an probably spread it over a 3-day period.

The only "problem" I had was her warmup - it's a great warmup, don't get me wrong but I didn't find that it corresponded well with my body...or maybe it's because I'm used to doing a very different style of yoga. Or maybe I just have to get used to it first!

Post Thanks / Like

As for me I normally dont use yoga warmups so i would prefer a general warmup, but I guess that's where her style originated....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    As for me I normally dont use yoga warmups so i would prefer a general warmup, but I guess that's where her style originated....
    You can always do another warmup on another DVD or do your own warmup. The warmup section is only around 28 minutes so it's no loss if you find it unsuitable, like I did. One thing I LOVE about it though is at the end, Rachel tells you to take a moment to listen to your body and decide whether the warmup is for you and if you'd like to do it again in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I do with Ariellah's DVD, skip the warmup and use another one instead

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I must confess I'm not one for yoga warm-ups. I find them kind of difficult to do because I have a short attention span and some balance difficulties.

I found one particular posture in this DVD very difficult. It is the one where you have a hand behind your back, legs spread, and lean over one leg to look up at your opposite palm. It totally threw me off and I was so dizzy after it. I think I'll be skipping that pose from now on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast