New dancer's dad

DancersDad

That is awesome Asiyade. I try to make every performance Laura does but of course, there are some that get missed. But I love watching her dance and I'm very excited to see her perform BD. See ya.

dus'

Welcome welcome!!

You know, my Dad just saw me dance for I think the first time in ten years last weekend. He said "You put on a good show, kid!" Made me feel good. Dads are cool :)

Prusilusken

Oh, dear...I seem to be the very last person in the entire community to welcome you, haha...how embarrassing! :rolleyes:

Welcome on board!
It sounds like you're the only Dad out there who can top my ol' man in awesome supportiveness (it's a word! :lol:) I love my dad to bits, but I doub't that I'll ever get him do help me with my DIY costume projects... :p :D

gisela

Super Moderator
Welcome Dancer's dad! I thought I had written a welcome here but apparently I hadn't, so don't worry Prusilusken, you are not last :).

Fantastic with a supporting parent!

DancersDad

Thanks both of you. My daughter and I have a lot of fun together, even now, when she is 18, which is an age when most teenagers are trying to pull away from their parents. I think that my being so involved with just about every aspect of her life to date is one of the reasons we are so close. It's my theory, so I'm stickin' to it. :) And besides, sewing the costumes is fun! It's a blast to start with a piece of cloth that is really nothing creative and end up with something beautiful and useful. Nice to meet both of you!

dus'

Yshka

Lol, Lise and Gisela, there is someone later than you :lol:.

Was just reading up on a lot of stuff I missed and saying hi to a lot of new people I missed. So sucky being busy sometimes.

So, Hi and welcome to the forum Dus! It's so cool to have a dad that's so supportive of his daughter's dancing. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here (though I suspect you already are, hehe).

See you around!:)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
How did I miss this thread?

Well, If I'm not the first to welcome you - do let me be the first to suggest that you JOIN HER in class!

Chani

Welcome Dus,

How nice to hear of such a supportive father.

My daughter and I have a lot of fun together, even now, when she is 18, which is an age when most teenagers are trying to pull away from their parents. I think that my being so involved with just about every aspect of her life to date is one of the reasons we are so close. It's my theory, so I'm stickin' to it. :)

I think you are onto a winning theory there.

I also get that same excitement turning a flat piece of cloth into a 3D creation. I make my duaghter's costumes, too.

Nice to have a Dad on the forum.