What DVDs are you itching to try?

Jujube

I need some new DVDs. Can't afford to buy a slew, yet I'm very picky, so I have to be judicious.

I'm thinking of Summer Sahar's belly dvd and turns/arabesques dvd, Princess Farhana's Abs dvd and her arms dvd. Virginia's new assaya dvd has me intrigued. I'm not in the least tribal, but Rachel Brice's new Serpentine one has my curiousity piqued.

What's on your "must have" list?

I'm going to be watching this thread because I've just started a new blog reviewing belly dancing DVD's and want to build up a knowledge base!

I like Rachel Brice's Tribal Fusion Bellydance DVD - very basic drills but it's good as a daily practice.

Reen.Blom

I guess the key here is to like the dancers style and personality! I need to enjoy their dancing otherwise I will not be able to connect with the teaching!

In this cas Princess Farhana is a big no no for me as I dont like her style or her dancing, she makes me cringe ( Ok less than Ranya, but still...lol)

I guess Im curious about Bahaia's Combinography.... and amillion others but I amsticking to Serpentine for now as my personal challenge :)

Jujube

I guess the key here is to like the dancers style and personality! I need to enjoy their dancing otherwise I will not be able to connect with the teaching!

In this cas Princess Farhana is a big no no for me as I dont like her style or her dancing, she makes me cringe ( Ok less than Ranya, but still...lol)

I guess Im curious about Bahaia's Combinography.... and amillion others but I amsticking to Serpentine for now as my personal challenge :)

Actually I don't care for Farhana either...but clips of her ab dvd showed some unique exercises that I'd like to try.

You don't like Ranya either? I thought I was the only one. Most people are crazy for her and I was so disappointed when I liked nothing at all about a DVD that I bought.

Bahaia's Combinography is nice. It's very slow-paced, she talks a lot and gets across a lot of info. She does some nice exercises.

Jujube

Nobody is wanting any DVDs?? Really???

I think my frontrunners are narrowing to:
Farhana's Abs
Virginia's Assaya
Hannan Sultan's Arabesques and Belly

But that's still 4 DVDs!

Reen.Blom

Well, I just think I have not worked enough with those that I already have, plust I just got a new one, So Im quite happy!

If I were to buy smth it would prolly be smth from Cheeky gals productions. I would try hard candy if I could rent it before i buy it, cos Im not mad about neon.

I have Next level and Ava's sizzlin Hips and pop lock n shimmy that I need to stick my nose into, so no new DVDs for me... LOL

As for Ranya here Dvds were among the first i got and what a disapontment... LOL

Jujube

Cheeky Girls will have Totally Turkish coming out this fall--it looks great, and I'll need that one. ;)

I'm getting pop lock n shimmy via swap any day, so that'll be something new.

I do have Flawless Floorwork that I haven't even opened yet. I just haven't been moved in that direction lately. I picked it up during the Cheeky Girls Mother's day sale.

I'm really lemming that assaya DVD....I think that's my #1 want.

Reen.Blom

Ok I figured out one I want AZIZA - Hands, Arms & Poses. That would be my number one.

Wanna try a turkish DVd one day, I was thinking Artemis Mourat. But Cheeky gals one would be much cheaper I guess.

Reen.Blom

Hmmm having read the reviews on Aziza's DVD I guess I would not pay the premium price. So back to my stash this time :)

Jujube

Ok I figured out one I want AZIZA - Hands, Arms & Poses. That would be my number one.

Wanna try a turkish DVd one day, I was thinking Artemis Mourat. But Cheeky gals one would be much cheaper I guess.

I have that one! It's very nice.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I'd love Nourhan Sharif's Raksat Assaya - An Introduction to Egyptian Saidi Technique, but it is quite expensive so it remains on my wish list .... one day
~Mosaic

Darshiva

On my meep list are:

Learn to Bellydance with Sharifa
Bellydance Journey through Pregnancy with Jrisi
Pretty much everything by Ava Fleming

Anything else the gods choose to send to me. What can I say? I'm a DVD junkie!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Just adding 2 more to my to get list:
Aziza's Hands, Arms & Poses which Reen wants as well and Raks Al Assaya - Bellydance Cane Technique by Virginia

I like the sound of Hannan Sultan's Put the Belly Back in Bellydance, DVD, that Jujube mentioned. I just took a look at it.
~Mosaic

jenc

Just got Leila Beginning Bellydane or some such. they just reduced it by a third after I bought it. It's not that beginner. I have plenty to work on with walking egyptian shimmy, travelling with circles and figure 8s, etc as well as perfecting the egyptian gooiness. I was very happy with it for the original cheap price - but nnow it's £8.99 or $6.45 from whichever Amazon. I shop at both

Reen.Blom

Hey Jenc

LOL I guess egyptian gooiness is a technical term... LOL Love the way you put it! How on earth do you shop at both? Do you have a forwarding mailbox or smth?

teela

I have Ruby's Totally turkish on order. I want the Ranya Renee musicality one when it comes out along with the last egyptian one she is making. The new cheeky girls one on Turns and spins looks like a good one to have because it puts the turns into combinations. On the other hand, I have Leila's new one waiting at my mother's house because I couldn't get it shipped to Alaska. Although I have a street address, I do not have street delivery so I ended up sending it to my mother. I know that I am still waiting for Artemis to finish up her turkish series and anxiously await that.