Help!!! Make It Stop!!!!

Yshka

Gia, me too! I already began to think I was the only one getting those. I've tried 'DO NOT SUBSCRIBE', I've tried 'NO EMAIL NOTiFICATION' also, but still this morning when I opened my mailbox there were about a dozen emails saying who posted in which thread..

Any help please?:pray:

---- you figured it out? how? I'm still getting em. please share? ;)

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
Go to User CP > Edit Options
In "Messaging & Notification" - "Default Thread Subscription Mode" choose an option you want from drop-down menu ("do not subscribe" if you don't want to be subscribed automatically). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save changes" button. Done.

But you are still subscribed for some threads. You need to unsubscribe from them.

User CP > Subscribed threads > click the link "View all subscribed threads", mark box(es) to the right from the thead(s), choose "delete subscription" from drop-down menu, and hit the button "Go". Done

Yshka

Dear Gia, I did save, a couple of times I saved, but I'm still getting them. I unsubscribed from all threads that were in the subscriptions page, and I saved the "Do not subscribe" and no email notifications buttons a few times.
Today I got less than before, but still they're there. I will try again though.

elle21

:) i wouldn't mind the spamming so much if it didn't make me visit this site twice as much as I already do, which is already too often.

Thanks Anatoliy! Why did it suddenly start e-mailing us all of a sudden?

Yshka

I thought it finally ended, but still this morning again I got a few emails saying who posted in "threads I have subscribed to" and I'm still getting more (I even got one telling me of a post that was already removed), but I have no subscriptions to any threads whatsoever, my subscriptions folder is completely empty and I very clearly checked AND saved the Do Not Subscribe button.

Anyone know some other way to end this:confused: ? I don't want any email notifications as I check the forum at least three times a day and will see what happened here anyway..;) It was cool the first day but now it's getting a bit annoying..

Salome

Administrator
We were having issues with our email (including forum emails) and when that got fixed, a ton of email that had been 'saving' itself up went out. I'll have to ask Anatoliy why folks would keep getting notifications if they unsubscribed as I'm not sure myself. To be continued.

Tarik Sultan

We were having issues with our email (including forum emails) and when that got fixed, a ton of email that had been 'saving' itself up went out. I'll have to ask Anatoliy why folks would keep getting notifications if they unsubscribed as I'm not sure myself. To be continued.

I like my notifications. They help me to remember where I posted last and to stay in touch.

Mouse

I unsubscribed to the threads and re-saved my settings again this morning. So far I haven't been subscribed to any new threads or received any more emails today :dance:

Yshka

Thanks Salome, I haven't gotten any new ones so far this morning..
I'm hoping it's ok now:D

Madeline

Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
Go to User CP > Edit Options
In "Messaging & Notification" - "Default Thread Subscription Mode" choose an option you want from drop-down menu ("do not subscribe" if you don't want to be subscribed automatically). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save changes" button. Done.

But you are still subscribed for some threads. You need to unsubscribe from them.

User CP > Subscribed threads > click the link "View all subscribed threads", mark box(es) to the right from the thead(s), choose "delete subscription" from drop-down menu, and hit the button "Go". Done

I followed this exactly and it worked! :dance:

Mouse

I haven't been involuntarily subscribed to any threads for the last 2 days.. I think its fixed - thanks! :dance:

da Sage

I'm going to try this, too...because I am tired of being reminded of my single post to the 'armpit whitening' thread, whenever I open my email box.:lol: