I just realised I am Gay and I want to belly dance

Remus

I don't know right now. But it will be romantic, I guarantee you. He always makes me surprises. He is a very romantic man.:redface:

Caroline_afifi

Because I dont want this to spoil your romance..

On 13 February 2008, the Senate of Romania voted an amendment to the Civil Code, proposed by Greater Romania Party, to explicitly define marriage as being only between a man and a woman. Previously, the law had only used the words "between spouses". The amendment was approved with 38 votes for, 10 votes against and 19 senators abstaining.[6] It was not voted on in the Chamber of Deputies, and as new elections took place that election, the legislation died.

In May 2009, a new Civil Code was proposed by the government. The Parliamentary Subcommittee responsible for the Civil Code decided to amend the definition of marriage, mentioning explicitly that it must be "between a man and a woman". Furthermore, an amendment was passed stating that the Romanian state would not recognise foreign same-sex marriages.[7][8] The government will assume responsibility over the law, thus bypassing the parliament

Remus

Because I dont want this to spoil your romance..

On 13 February 2008, the Senate of Romania voted an amendment to the Civil Code, proposed by Greater Romania Party, to explicitly define marriage as being only between a man and a woman. Previously, the law had only used the words "between spouses". The amendment was approved with 38 votes for, 10 votes against and 19 senators abstaining.[6] It was not voted on in the Chamber of Deputies, and as new elections took place that election, the legislation died.

In May 2009, a new Civil Code was proposed by the government. The Parliamentary Subcommittee responsible for the Civil Code decided to amend the definition of marriage, mentioning explicitly that it must be "between a man and a woman". Furthermore, an amendment was passed stating that the Romanian state would not recognise foreign same-sex marriages.[7][8] The government will assume responsibility over the law, thus bypassing the parliament

This is a very sad thing to read. :( But at least in our hearts we will be married and nothing can stand in our love

Remus

:shok: you mean you didnt know?? I thought it would be common knowledge in Romania.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(.

No no, I was aware of that. But I kinda forgot. We are going to have a party, kind of like a wedding. But I was caught in the whole dream-wedding I wanted. Him kissing me in front of the altar and we both saying ''I do'' to eachother. But don't worry, the party will be awesome. And the ''wedding night'' will be a night to remember. ;)

lizaj

Remus,might I congratulate not only on your happiness but on your grasp of English ( despite the Americanisms;). Makes us English speakers a little :redface: when so many people with E.S.L so confident and we are not nearly as likely to be fluent in the languages of others.
One thing I would say to any young person throwing in their lot with a partner is to continue their education and training and being as independent as possible. Always have a Plan B however rosey life seems.

Last edited:

lizaj

:shok: you mean you didnt know?? I thought it would be common knowledge in Romania.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(.

I don't think there are many countries are there that allow same-sex marriage? Even here in the UK, it's not marriage but a civil partnership and is really about ensuring rights to property.

Remus

Of course I'm going to continue my education. My sweetheart Romeo has a good job and he can sustain me. The fact that we're going to marry isn't going to stop me from finnishing my studies.

Lizaj, like I said, the wedding isn't going to be the one I dreamed of. I would have loved if we could stand at the altar and kiss passionately. But we're having a party. When he proposed me I felt like a princess from fairy tales.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Check out my site, it may be of help. I'm not gay myself, although I know plenty of male Belly Dancers who are.

Follow your bliss...

Amulya

Welcome the the forum Remus and good luck with learning belly dance, have you found a teacher yet? I don't know if they offer different belly dance styles where you live, but if they do, it might be worth looking at different classes to see what style suits you best.

Remus

Welcome the the forum Remus and good luck with learning belly dance, have you found a teacher yet? I don't know if they offer different belly dance styles where you live, but if they do, it might be worth looking at different classes to see what style suits you best.

Yes, I've found a teacher.

Guys, wish me luck. This weekend I'm going to introduce my fiancee to my parents. I hope it's gonna be alright.:pray:

Tarik Sultan

Dance because it makes you happy, not because you're gay. Don't use the dance as a platform to broadcast your sexuality. Be yourself, not a stereotype of what people think a gay dancer should look like. In other words, don't be a gay dancer, be a DANCER!

Nureyev was perhaps the greatest male ballet dancer the 20th century had known, he was gay, did not live in the closet, he was open about it, in his personal life. On stage, he was a master artist, not a gay artist. Your sexuality is only one part of who you are, its not all of who you are, so do not let it limit who you are or what you're about. If you're serious about beigng a dancer then realize that your personal life is your own affair and its something sacred, not something to be paraded in front of the public as if you need their approval or recognition. There are lots of dancers who are lesbians, yet they don't feel the need to butch up so that everyone knows they're gay. (Although, maybe I could corner the marketing on my own line of flannel bedlahs:think:).

It's taken you a lot of time and soul searching I'm sure to come to terms with who you are. Don't cast your pearls before swine by shouting it from the roof tops. when ypu do that, you give your power away to those who do not deserve it.

P.S: I hate body glitter. Sometimes you have to know when something is too much.

Pirika Repun

Hi Remus

I have been reading several your post, and something bothers me a little. You repeatedly say “I’m gay” and “because of I’m gay….” So what is exactly “being gay” for you? Being gay that’s why you want to be “belly dancer”? Being gay that’s why you want wear bra and glitter as costume? You also said you “just realized you are gay” so maybe you think or you have “idea being gay” instead of “being yourself”?

You’ll be surprised many gay people are very butch and you even can’t tell by their appearance. If you think “being a gay”= have to look like stereotypical gay person, you have to think again. If you are being yourself and comfortable your own skin, then still look like your ideal of being gay is totally fine. Just don’t try to be something or someone you are not.

Also, you repeatedly mention your boyfriend love to watch you dance, and if that is the only reason you want to learn Oriental dance, you have to think again. Oriental dance is cultural dance, and we have to respect the art form. If you think Oriental dance is just “sexy, feminine dance” then you have to study more about Oriental dance before you really start it. Many members in this forum and many dancers respect culture and art form and I hope you do the same.

Maybe I sound little harsh, but you are still young, and I hope you really serious about leaning this art form. Good luck with your teacher, and I hope you really like this art form, and continue to study.

Greek Bonfire

I couldn't agree with Tarik and Pirika more. We are all dancers with different backgrounds - races, religions, sexual orientations, etc. But we present ourselves as dancers period.

You need to stop emphasizing your sexual orientation because it's not relevant.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I don't think there are many countries are there that allow same-sex marriage? Even here in the UK, it's not marriage but a civil partnership and is really about ensuring rights to property.

We allow it here and they have all full rights of any person that is married. There places are also like us in that they allow same sex marriage. Argentina,Belgium,Canada,Iceland,Netherlands,Norway,Portugal,South Africa,Spain,Sweden. There are other places that allow unions and co-stuff but it is not the same as full same sex marriage

Also as the others mentioned, it is probably a good thing to tone down your sexuality preference. Not saying it is wrong but it doesn't have any impact on wanting to dance or be a dancer. Plus after a while of constantly reading it it does start to get very annoying and more like you are craving attention in the wrong way.

Remus

We allow it here and they have all full rights of any person that is married. There places are also like us in that they allow same sex marriage. Argentina,Belgium,Canada,Iceland,Netherlands,Norway,Portugal,South Africa,Spain,Sweden. There are other places that allow unions and co-stuff but it is not the same as full same sex marriage

Also as the others mentioned, it is probably a good thing to tone down your sexuality preference. Not saying it is wrong but it doesn't have any impact on wanting to dance or be a dancer. Plus after a while of constantly reading it it does start to get very annoying and more like you are craving attention in the wrong way.

Sorry about that. I admit, I went over the top. But I'm facing difficult times as I'm about to reveal my orientation to my parents.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Sorry about that. I admit, I went over the top. But I'm facing difficult times as I'm about to reveal my orientation to my parents.

Understandable. I can still remember how stressed my friend was when she told her parents.

Tarik Sultan

That's understandable. Might I suggest you start anothe thread regarding your situation if you need advise and support? I think you'll find the members here very supportive and understanding and many who can offer really good advise on how to deal with what must be a difficult situation, especially if you have no one to talk to or offer support.