Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Esmeralda, nice to meat you.
    I've been on holiday for a week in the Europian part of Istanbul, almost 10 years ago. Beautiful city!
    I am so happy you want to perform the dance as an art form. I know some people that bought a costume in Turkey and it were really "sexy bellydancer" costumes, I don't really like those.
    Do they also sell less revealing costumes in Turkey?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Esmeralda!

I have been to Istanbul twice, one time in summer and one time in winter. I really loved it! I took a workshop with Nesrin Topkapi there. She's great! I took also one with Hale Sultan, a very sweet and talented dancer, she's here on the forum sometimes as well.

I know they have lovely costumes in the kapalicarsi! Some friends of mine bought costumes there.
    Moon, they are not too revealing and quite budget-friendly

I wish I could go to Istanbul more regularly, but I'm usually going to Ankara and Izmir since that is where my fiance's (bir Türk tabii ki ) family lives. Unfortunately the bellydance scene in Ankara and Izmir seems non existant so you're lucky to live in Istanbul.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from İstanbul :)

There are schools especially in İzmir. I have never take lessons there but I know. There is a web site d a n c e n t r u m - KıPıR kIpIr D a n s P l a t f o r m u if you know a little bit Turkish you can manage it or your friend can help you. You choose the location in Turkey and the dance style you want to learn. There are a few schools there also in ankara I think. When u decide to come again u can look at there. But if anyone of you come to İstanbul I want to meet u
    Some of the costumes are too sexy.yes. I can never wear them and dont want either. But I especially like Asena's costumes. (a famous dancer.but her style is different from the traditional style.) I dont know if you have the chance to watch Turkey television. But here is a contest "Oriental Star" in ATV. İn saturday nights. Very good performances you can watch. Very different costumes. And each week they bring a mixage of oriental with other styles. For example African oriental, Eyptian oriental, so you can see the differences and can broad your vision.

Post Thanks / Like

the site name is dancentrım.com
    I looked at the dictionary and fiance = engaged hımm
    then u will be a bride of us in the future. How nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Esmeralda! I'm going to Ankara for New year, but I'll not have time to take classes.

We cannot watch ATV here, only TRTint but I'll try to look when I'm in Ankara.

Kendini iyi bak!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Esmeralda, Wow I learned so much just fom your inital posts! Maybe you can post some videos from the "OrientalStar", it would be great to view them.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

welcome esmeralda!

i understand what you mean about bad reputation. My husband thinks this when i first start classes. But at the recitals and shows he sees different. I have Musliminah friends in turkey..would love to come and plan in a couple of summers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12