Hello everyone :)

Ziazan

Hello everyone!

My name is Ziazan (not my real name - my stage handle, if you will). I've been lurking for a little while, maybe a week or so, but this seems to be a wonderful place to meet people and learn a lot.

I'm from Georgia, USA and I've been belly dancing for only about 6 months. It has become a passion of mine, and I just recently bought my very first professional costume (after positively aching for one since I began). I haven't tried it on yet, because I am currently serving in the military and am deployed to the Persian Gulf right now, but I'll be home soon to put on that amazing costume. I am so excited!

I'm what you would call a "cultural butterfly": I am of German heritage, heavily tattooed, a Korean language student, a belly dancer, yogini, feminist, foodie, tea enthusiast and general, well, pretty much EVERYTHING enthusiast. :dance:

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Ziazan, interesting enthusiastic world you have:D Good for you! Are you having BD lessons in the gulf? or are you using DVDs? Did you buy your costume, somewhere out there in the gulf area. That will be exciting to get home and try on your new sparkly. Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
~Mosaic

Ziazan

Thank you, Mosaic, it's a pleasure. No, I haven't been taking any lessons out here, just practicing on my own with what I do know, and I will be returning to lessons when I get back to the US in August. If you have a good recommendation for a DVD, I would be most interested in hearing it :)

The costume I bought was Turkish, and I am so excited to get home and try it. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You can check this thread for some suggestions for DVDs
http://www.bellydanceforums.net/im-searching/11269-dvd-suitable-beginnner.html and do a search for recommended DVDs.

Cheeky girl Productions ( Michelle Joyce) has some good ones suitable for beginners (google Cheeky Girl Productions). I am about to go to a class so don't have time to write more right now. There are a few threads around with info on DVDs that a very helpful. I'll check back later to see how you got on.
~Mosaic