Looking for Bellydance Studio in Montreal

cheburashka

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good bellydance studio in Montreal? I started taking classes in Ottawa recently, and have completely fallen in love with it! I'm moving back to Montreal in September for school, and really want to find a good studio to continue dancing. I'll appreciate any advice - I'm completely new on the scene.

Thank you!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I'll put a feeler out through my networks and see what I can find out for you.

What style are you preferring to learn to dance?

MissVega

Ethereal Tribal
Is in Montreal and run by Andrea Fryette. She is mainly tribal fusion but she does have a solid background in egyptian style as well. She also does bollywood fusion. She is a great instructor and a very nice person:)

cheburashka

Hmm... I know very little about the different styles, so far I'm just getting a general idea of bellydancing. Is it necessary to choose a specific style at the very beginning? Or is this something that comes with more experience?

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
no it is not necessary at the begining. I started out in one style and am now starting to branch out and learn as much about others as I can.

onela

I took a private lesson from Aziza on a recent trip to Montreal and she recommended to me her assistant Zafirah (whose class I unfortunately couldn't take- we were in town the week of St. Jean de Baptiste day so her regular class that day was cancelled). I probably would have tried out a class with Ethereal Tribal but again, St. Jean de Baptiste threw a monkey wrench into my plans :( Wish I had gone to Montreal for my belly dance pilgrimage on a non-bank holiday week! ;)

I teach egyptian style bellydance as well as folkloric dance in Montreal.
Classes will be starting back up in the fall.
The schedule and details will be posted on my website in August.

Sanaa Danse

Of course Aziza is here but she rarely teaches regular classes. Zafirah is very good.

Jouahir teahces at Al-Madrassa school also a very good school.

All of these are egyptian cabaret style.

As mentioned soem of the other teachers are defintiely more tribal and fusion if that's what you are looking for.

Do note that some teachers are bilingual whereas some may be mostly francophone.

Samantha