Moon

I tried to make a new avater but I keep on getting messages that the file should be no larger then 80x80 pixels, but I really don't understand cause the file I'm using now and have used in the past were all a lot larger. The file I wanted to use now is 14kb, which is small enough. Why doesn't it work?:confused:

Oh I can't edit the title of this thread :wall:

Last edited:

Moon

PLEASE!!!!!!!! Anatoliy, Salome or someone else, help! :pray: I can't even use pictures anymore which I successfully used in the past! Why does it suddenly has to be that small?
Why is it not working anymore???

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Moon & Yasmina,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

You can use a picture for your avatar if:
1. The dimensions of the avatar is not more than 80 pixels (both height and width).
2. The size of your avatar image is not bigger than 19.5 KB.

To find out the dimensions and the size of your picture: Right click on the picture - click "Properties" from the pop up menu.
For example, Moon's avatar is 78 X 80 pixels and 2507 Bytes which is about 2,5 KB. Hope this information will help. If you still have problems - just send me the picture and I'll make an avatar for you.

Moon

Thanks for the reply Anatoliy.
However it still confuses me. I've always used pictures that were less then 19.5 kb, but always a lot bigger then 80x80 pixels. Really, they were a lot bigger! The one I'm using now also is a lot bigger (196x200 pixels)!

Probably, the pictures used to be automatically resized, but not anymore now:think: