Article Compares Sadie & Kaya's America's Got Talent Performances to Stripping

Greek Bonfire

I liked the post above mine...I watched the video, and while I enjoyed it myself...I have to say....if I were well versed in belly dance, I would have a very hard time determining what I thought of this from that perspective, simply because of the camera angles....I couldn't even see the dancing with the veils...I literally just saw veils...and they kept panning away and showing fire shooting...so it was kind of hard to follow the way I'd follow a belly dancer I was watching perform in person. Also, I must say, the intro kind of set the viewer up to see it as purely sexual....the way they kept showing the two male judges' faces....

not that there's anything wrong with that...a lot of men find bellydancing sexy...a lot of women do too....it's just that when the intro to something is two guys doing the "whoa hot girls!" thing...you're going to perceive what you see next in that light...

Yeah, I thought Piers Morgan looked like a complete slack jawed idiot. He is also a newleywed - I wonder what his wife thought or maybe she just laughed at him too. Then again, I don't like him very much.

LadyLoba

I just read the posts from the woman...MissVega...am I spelling that correctly? whose Grandmother mistook her for either Kaya or Sadie!

Being mistaken for a professional belly dancer has never been an issue in my life. (I am not one of the pretty girls)..but hmmmmmm....that was a bit of a backhanded compliment....:lol:

Greek Bonfire

I just read the posts from the woman...MissVega...am I spelling that correctly? whose Grandmother mistook her for either Kaya or Sadie!

Being mistaken for a professional belly dancer has never been an issue in my life. (I am not one of the pretty girls)..but hmmmmmm....that was a bit of a backhanded compliment....:lol:

Nonsense - every bellydancer is beautiful when she's dancing :yay:

Nejmeh

Uh, maybe its just me, but I didn`t take high offence about it. It`s not a great dance and a bit too sexual to my taste, but sexyness(and I don`t see more then just sexyness) sells and the show is about being marketable. It`s not the worst representation of bd I ever saw or even coming close. It`s not a good example of bd either, but I do think this is the language the public will understand. See it as training to read, K&S are the books with pictures, as soon as the public gets that down they can move up:p

I also think we kinda expect to see some rauncy stuff since everyone here knows the infamous video. Only thing I hope is that the general public does not!

Last edited:

Belly Love

I'm pretty conservative myself, but I found this article to be extremely narrow minded and uneducated.

I did find it too be a little sexual and the bouncing was definitely tacky in my book, but insulting them because of things like body glitter??? That's so weak. And saying their dancing had nothing to do with anything culturally?

On another note: What is the deal with Kaya's smile? It's so... creepy :confused: I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Greek Bonfire

Considering Sadie and Kaya's track record, I think most of us are pretty "relieved" that it wasn't the usual raunch with these two, but I am basing this on their dancing curve. It's not the best bellydancing I've seen and it does tilt more towards the sexual side rather than the sensual, but all in all I do wish a better dancer could get on this show and represent bellydancing in a more truthful light. But then again, maybe I believe in Santa Claus too. . .

Amanda (was Aziyade)

but all in all I do wish a better dancer could get on this show and represent bellydancing in a more truthful light. But then again, maybe I believe in Santa Claus too. . .

Frank Farinaro is our latest hopeful. He's a stunning fusion dancer, and in my opinion puts the hiphop dancers on the show TO SHAME! It's not Oriental by any means, but I saw him just fooling around at a hookah bar in Atlanta and MAN that guy can dance.