Thread: DVD Overload

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVD Overload

I counted up my DVD's this morning and found that I have over 50 instructional ones. While this is a good thing (I think) I'm finding that I'm just picking bits and pieces from a few of my favorites and just practicing with those. I"m thinking that I should be just working with 1 for a week and then switching to a new one for the next week and so on... going back to some of the first DVD's might refresh my attitude.... anyone else in this boat... thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes,I can relate. I just did a count the other day & I have about 70 different BD-related DVDs - most are instructionals. I've actually gotten to the point where there are more than 10 I haven't watched yet, so I'm in the process of familiarising myself with them all & then I'll make decisions about which ones to study.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few more than 50 now lol but I feel your pain.

Pick one that speaks to you RIGHT now. Now work with that one for between 2 and 4 weeks, 3-4 times a week. I recommend a month, rather than a week. It takes a little bit longer than just a few days to really incorporate the content into your own body.

Some dvds I own I have worked with regularly for a much longer time (up to a year). It really depends on the content.

Why not pick a dvd and tell us about it, then those of us who own that one can give you advice about it

Post Thanks / Like

O.K..... Before I backtrack to the older tapes I'll work with Racheal Brices new DVD Serpentine as I've just got it and it hits the areas where I feel I need work....I'll let you know in a month how I'm doing.... thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I need to count but I have a large number. I find that I concentrate on specific parts of DVD's and try to learn them. I've decided I need to practice moves more so that I get them in my muscle memory and I need to learn combinations too. I have a couple that I want to work with more consistently so that I improve my improvisation. Many times my choice is based upon what I want to concentrate on.
    Welcome to the addiction.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used a lot of my instructionals in awhile so I've been pulling mine out again and it's really neat to see how I do the instructionals now. That's why I don't get rid of them because I liked to do the drills.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are exactly the people I'm looking for!

I've recently started a new belly dancing DVD review site. There are only so many DVD's I can review myself (I'll run out of money if nothing else), so I'd love to have some guest reviewers.

I'm not offering payment, but anyone who has their own website will appreciate the value of getting a free backlink to your website - and that's what I'm offering in return for a guest review.

So, if you're willing to offer a review of one of the DVD's you own, you''ll get an acknowledgment that they wrote it, plus a hyperlink to the site of your choice.

Reviews don't have to be long - check the existing reviews on the site to get an idea. PM me if you're interested!

Bellydancing DVDivas: Write A Review

Post Thanks / Like

I had to check out the Kili Marti DVD review, which is not as entertaining as the one I gave Mosaic of it! I turned it into a drinking game. Under no circumstances should it be used as a training aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance Oz View Post
    You guys are exactly the people I'm looking for!

I've recently started a new belly dancing DVD review site. There are only so many DVD's I can review myself (I'll run out of money if nothing else), so I'd love to have some guest reviewers.

I'm not offering payment, but anyone who has their own website will appreciate the value of getting a free backlink to your website - and that's what I'm offering in return for a guest review.

So, if you're willing to offer a review of one of the DVD's you own, you''ll get an acknowledgment that they wrote it, plus a hyperlink to the site of your choice.

Reviews don't have to be long - check the existing reviews on the site to get an idea. PM me if you're interested!

Bellydancing DVDivas: Write A Review
    AWESOME!!! I think I'll be sending you some articles

I have this idea of doing "take another look at:" reviews of older dvds that might have faded from people's memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
    I counted up my DVD's this morning and found that I have over 50 instructional ones.
    Which DVDs do you have have?
    --
    Daim.