Internet Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle

I know we had this thread before but I thought it might be a good idea to repost this for anyone who a)wasn't here before or b) forgot:eek:
A good site for radio online is www.live365.com. They have some stations with arabic music (mostly pop and modern) and a few stations with a more tribal feel to them. It's free (yay!) and all you have to do is register.
Another site, featuring vintage bellydance music, is www.radiobastet.com.
If anyone else knows another site, please list them here!

Inanna

I was going to suggest radiobastet, but looks like you beat me to it. Whenever my computer is on, Ive got radiobastet playing... at least until my fiancee comes home and turns it off because its driving him crazy.

Michelle

Salome mentioned one in another thread and that is the radio on the BDSS site but I don't remember what the URL is.... any help?

Inanna

I stumbled across a free podcast on itunes called Shimmy Cast, I havnt listned to it yet though, havnt had a free moment. But if you go to the itunes music store thing and search for Shimmy Cast you should be able to find it.

Michelle

For radio bastet, you have to click on the programs link. It takes you to a list of different programs, usually in pairs or threes. Click on a group and it gives you titles and artists of the songs played on the programs and somewhere in there, there is a link that says something like, "Listen to this program"

Q-Tip

I found Radio Bastet by accident today. :dance:

A lot of old belly dance music - very interesting.

Zurah

It isn't bellydance, but thanks to iTunes I stumbled onto www.radiodarvish.com, and IranianRadio.com, which have nice traditional Persian music, if you're curious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.