Newbee Member - Plastic Surgeon

DrBermant

Oh, c'mon. Bet you play a mean air oud.

I really feel stupid, I had to look up on the internet what you ladies were talking about! I never really phantom play instruments air guitar or otherwise. I grew up with musical instruments about the house from a grandfather who was a famous solo drummer in vaudeville. I was always more interested in learning how they worked taking them apart and fixing them than playing them.

I do phantom manipulation of instruments, but these are sculpting tools such as I use for surgery. Sometimes I find I have picked up something like one of my extra needleholders and find myself opening and closing it. That is as close as I have come to an air guitar or other such device. I have browsed instrument catalogs for most of my life, but these are surgical, wood, jewelry, stone tool catalogs, not musical instruments. I just like tools, understanding them, using them, and designing them. They are usually just not tools for music.

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Farasha Hanem

Awwww, please don't feel stupid, perhaps you're only a bit out of your element when it comes to colloquialisms? You seem like a person who's very passionate about your profession, and that's okay. :) Hopefully, if you hang around us long enough, you'll discover a new-found passion in bellydance. :)

We really are a fun bunch here, and hope you like being here with us. :)

Shanazel

A solo drummer in vaudeville??? How cool is that! Between these genes and phantom manipulation of instruments, I'd say you have a great future as an air musician.

C'mon, admit it: you've been known to tap pencils in time to music and rap on the steering wheel with both hands to a great beat on the radio. If you can listen to middle eastern drum without physically responding to it, better have someone check your pulse because you may be dead. ;)

Are you a lapidary?

Rania

Well Dr. B,

My plastic surgeon has worked wonders for me. Now that I have new cute button nose, instead of a bulbous one with a bump on the brige...it was long ans pointy. Now, my confidence has climed. I will be so much better at belly dancing, with my new set of confidence and all!:D

Greek Bonfire

I had reconstructive surgery on my lip a few years back from an accident. He did such a wonderful job that he had to stand back in awe of his own work because he couldn't believe how well it turned out. Needless to say, I was more comfortable, partly because the scar tissue was somewhat heavy but also it was great to have my own lip back.

Zaghareet

Welcome mr. plastic surgeon! I actually did a breast reduction a couple of years ago, when i was 17 years old, and im very happy that plastic surgery is available for thoose who wants, and needs it. This surgery was one of the best decisions i´ve done in my life. And also, living in Sweden, i did´nt have to pay for it either. :clap:
Now im only 24 years old and blessed with a body with (in my opinion) the curves in the right places, with only a few excess kilos to loose (weight watchers ftw!). But maybe, when im older and the jiggling gets a bit too overwhelming, and things start to sag, i will turn to plastic surgery once again. ;)

Zaghareet

Wow cool! so plastic surgury is free is sweden?!?!?

Not all, but if you have a really adequate reason for doing it, that are not only cosmetic reasons. Like if you have lost a lot of weight or bore children and have a lot excess skin, or if in my case, your bust is really heavy and you have back pains because of it, the state will cover the charges for the surgery, the time in the hospital etc. I did my surgery at a private clinic, and was so happy with the results, and the doctor and the nurses were really sweet. And i did´nt pay a penny. Love this country. :D