How expect to pay

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Are you looking for the cost of private lessons? It ranges on who is teaching the lessons and how experienced they are. I've paid between $75-100 an hour for private lessons before.

BigJim

About $50 per hour seems the standard rate where I'm from. I find that I get alot out of them when I take one. I know that when you first start belly dancing everything is new but try and have an idea of what you want to work on when you go to one. It helps to write down what you feel your having trouble with and then prioritize the list because an hour goes fast. After the lesson write down the high points of what you learned because you can forget. You can take your favorite CD with you and then when you get home maybe some of the stuff you were working on will come back to you when you hear the music. Private lessons are also a great place to ask questions. When you are in a class and everyone else looks like they know what the are doing it can be intimidating . I don't like to ask questions that might slow the class down and also might make me look stupid ( I do have an excuse though... I'm a male) so I just blunder through.... that maybe is the wrong attitude but in a private lesson any question gets an answer. I'm sure other forum members will have some tips for lessons.... Good Luck

Kashmir

Varies from USD20-USD60 per hour depending on the teacher and where you are. The dearest aren't always the best either :D

Nwenna

I would think you are paying for the level of experience and the cost of living for the location you are taking the class in.