Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello..

Marie! I sent you a private message and said "Hi"...I don't know your name!

Duh to me!

I am glad you are here...I have enjoyed all of your posts so far and hope to hear more from you!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a High School Librarian and well over 40.....I fell in love with belly dance long long ago but only started dancing a little over 6 years ago.
    Every year I teach a 4 day lesson to the dance classes at my school. My gift to them and hopefully it will spark a fire that will ignite the passion of belly dance in at least one of them! I go through the history, we watch DVD's, we discuss, I teach basic moves that small groups combine and present to the other groups and I also perform in costume for them. I bring all my props and many costumes to display. (Many ELA standards are addressed!)
    So yes, they all know I dance...
    I even helped a student with her Senior project in which she took lessons, wrote a paper and performed in front of a panel of judges.
    There is life after divorce and a woman really comes into her own when she embraces her own body and all of it's gifts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Confidence

Yes, divorce is harrowing and it can lead to a lot of self-doubts on many levels. I am a complete devotee of belly dancing as a means of building/rebuilding self-confidence because it allows you to be free both physically and mentally for as long as the music plays and the dance is in progress. You are in control and commanding attention and expressing yourself from within yourself. Excuse the lapse into Oprahesque, but as far as other teachers or parents are concerned - you go girl!
    Last edited by gisela; 01-22-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Removed link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12