Hi from Sweden!

Zaghareet

My name is Jonna and i´ve been dancing for about 2 years. Since my first belly dance lesson i litterally became obsessed and i´ve been dancing as much as i possibly could since then.

I preffer egyptian style, both cabaret and folkloric. My passion is the baladi.

Last summer i was in Turkey and took some different workshops there, and this november im planning to go to Cairo for the Nile group festival. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, you've come to the right place to feed your obsession:D For many of us, the forum has become an added obsession;)
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
oooh another swede! Välkommen Jonna :)
I live in Copenhagen, so not too far away from where you are. How is the dancing possibilities around there?
I hope you will enjoy the forum and that we will see you around in the discussions.
Gisela

Safran

Helllooo, neighbour! :)

By the way, I'll be in Nile Group in November too!

Welcome to the forum!

Zaghareet

oooh another swede! Välkommen Jonna :)
I live in Copenhagen, so not too far away from where you are. How is the dancing possibilities around there?
I hope you will enjoy the forum and that we will see you around in the discussions.
Gisela

Tack! I live in Kristianstad, Skåne and this fall there are no dancing possibilities at all here. But in Malmö, 1 hour trainride from my city, there is quite a lot. So im gonna go to Malmö instead to dance for Selina Sevil, if you know about her? I know her a little bit since before, but i´ve never danced for her. But she is a really good dancer!

I was so sorry to hear that the Copenhagen belly dance festival was cancelled this year! I was looking forward to the workshops with Khaled Mahmoud and Zahra. :(

Zaghareet

Helllooo, neighbour! :)

By the way, I'll be in Nile Group in November too!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Oh really, you´re going to? That´s awesome! Are you travelling alone or with a friend? Have you been there before? :D

gisela

Super Moderator
Tack! I live in Kristianstad, Skåne and this fall there are no dancing possibilities at all here. But in Malmö, 1 hour trainride from my city, there is quite a lot. So im gonna go to Malmö instead to dance for Selina Sevil, if you know about her? I know her a little bit since before, but i´ve never danced for her. But she is a really good dancer!

I was so sorry to hear that the Copenhagen belly dance festival was cancelled this year! I was looking forward to the workshops with Khaled Mahmoud and Zahra. :(

Great choice of teacher! I have met Selina once and seen her dance and she is a wonderful dancer. I was completely mesmerized by her performance.

Yes I am sorry too for the festival. Just as the word was spreading that there was a festival going on. But those events are expensive and almost everything, like stage venues and workshop places, has to be paid in advance :( Maybe it will return in the future.

Zaghareet

Great choice of teacher! I have met Selina once and seen her dance and she is a wonderful dancer. I was completely mesmerized by her performance.

Yes I am sorry too for the festival. Just as the word was spreading that there was a festival going on. But those events are expensive and almost everything, like stage venues and workshop places, has to be paid in advance :( Maybe it will return in the future.

Yeah, she´s really great, and very passionate and engaged about the dancing and everything about it.

I hope there will be another belly dance festival in Copenhagen soon, so many great dancers that were going to teach. No wonder it would have been expensive.

Safran

Thank you! Oh really, you´re going to? That´s awesome! Are you travelling alone or with a friend? Have you been there before? :D

I have been there once before - a great experience. Will be a group of 3 Estonian fanatics ;) How about you, part of the Swedish belly-dance mob? :lol:

Zaghareet

I have been there once before - a great experience. Will be a group of 3 Estonian fanatics ;) How about you, part of the Swedish belly-dance mob? :lol:

Im really looking forward to it! No, actually, i dont know any one from here who is going, so in the worst case scenario im going alone. But i have a friend who lives and study in Cairo, and are probably also going to the festival. So hopefully i will not be without company. Being entirely on my own in a city like Cairo, when i´ve never been there before, is not to be recommended i think. Hehe. :rolleyes:

Do you have any advice or is it something specific i should consider before i book my tickets, hotel and workshops?

Safran

Im really looking forward to it! No, actually, i dont know any one from here who is going, so in the worst case scenario im going alone. But i have a friend who lives and study in Cairo, and are probably also going to the festival. So hopefully i will not be without company. Being entirely on my own in a city like Cairo, when i´ve never been there before, is not to be recommended i think. Hehe. :rolleyes:

Do you have any advice or is it something specific i should consider before i book my tickets, hotel and workshops?

Oh my, I was replying another thread in the Meet and Greet section and then realised that I never got round to answering you. Sorry about that! To be honest, I don't have suggestions to give you, except for the one that have patience when booking the workshops (or the hotel if you decide to stay at the festival hotel). They get a lot of e-mails, so it can take them quite a bit of time to get back to you. And when it comes to booking workshops, don't overdo it - I know that the selection is overwhelming. It always takes me days before SBDF or Nile Group to figure out which workshops to take :D But give yourself also time for rest, and socialize and shop, of course!

Do you know the schedule for November's festival is out already?

Zaghareet

Oh my, I was replying another thread in the Meet and Greet section and then realised that I never got round to answering you. Sorry about that! To be honest, I don't have suggestions to give you, except for the one that have patience when booking the workshops (or the hotel if you decide to stay at the festival hotel). They get a lot of e-mails, so it can take them quite a bit of time to get back to you. And when it comes to booking workshops, don't overdo it - I know that the selection is overwhelming. It always takes me days before SBDF or Nile Group to figure out which workshops to take :D But give yourself also time for rest, and socialize and shop, of course!

Do you know the schedule for November's festival is out already?

Thanks for your advice! Yes, the schedule has been out for a few days: NG Workshop Schedule Nov 2010