Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking in late - but fine

Thanks for yor thoughts for us downunder.

My house (and studio) had no structural damage but I must screw all the bookcases to the walls - if the earthquake hadn't've woken me the bookcase landing on my bed probbaly would have. Mind you some fixed bookcases still ejected books across the room. All back in place but still out of order - will fix soon. Otherwise only minor breakages.

Real problem is infrastructure - I've been across town where there was water - my place has (non-drinking) water now so I can finish the clean up. Roads and bridges are out around here making what were minor trips into frustrating trips around town and there isn't a central place to find out. You drive somewhere and then you strike a closed road - and the alternative is closed as well. CBD is shut so I have the day off today - and maybe tomorrow.

Sad for the people who have lost houses but only two people badly hurt. No deaths. As a guy on the radio said "When stuff happens you just have to deal with it".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Thanks for the update on Bronnie, Farasha - good to know she is OK & yes I know Kashmir & Zummarad live in Ch Ch I can't think of anyone else from the forum who does though.
    ~Mosaic
    Sorry, that was a question rather than a statement; I thought the "?" would indicate that. I guess I should have put the word "Does" in front of my sentence, but when my brain is tired, I guess it just expects others to read it. I asked that question because I didn't know that Kashmir and Zummarand lived there, too. I'm sorry I didn't make my question clear.

Here's a Facebook update from Bronnie:

Bronnie Thompson via 3 News - New Zealand's latest news, sport, entertainment, politics, business... Christchurch earthquake - Red Cross donations
    Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
    Donation information for the recovery effort in Christchurch.
    18 hours ago ·

I need to learn to read all posts before typing... -_-;; *waves at Bronne*
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 09-06-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. We're emotionally pretty frazzled, as a city really; where I live is quite exciting, since it's all military and roadblocks and such, but the aftershocks are becoming wearying and while we are so grateful for the lack of human loss the loss of homes and buildings we love is starting to hit us. I have just learned that the building where I learned to dance and taught for many years, host to many haflas and workshops, is red-stickered. The current owner is a BDer too. Such heartbreak.

Post Thanks / Like

The kind thoughts and good hopes for the future will continue. Hang in there, Kiwis. We can't do without you.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

And it happened again...

Are you OK?
    Zumarrad?
    Kashmir?
    Adiemus?
    Our other Kiwi friends?
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine, Kashmir has checked in and I am pretty sure Adiemus is OK too. The whole country is going off!

This is proving to be a very strange night. That first one was.... felt like two minutes of rolling. It''s not centred in our town, but north of it, but we're fairly nervous for obvious reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for checking in.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Suffice it to say we're all awake!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, dear. I am just reading about this. Happy to know everyone is okay, or as okay as can be when the whole country is rocking and rolling.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for checking in fast, Zum. I just heard about this and thought "Not AGAIN!". The number I'm hearing is 7.8, which is MASSIVE. I went through a 7.2, and that was bad enough!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast