Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christchurch NZ Earthquake

Hope all our Ch Ch based Dancers are OK. Spent a good part of yesterday chasing up numerous relatives in Christchurch, all are OK, some damage (minor) to a couple of homes, but massive cracks in the roads around the place. Scary stuff!

Spent my childhood experiencing EQs in Christchurch and the one in the 60s which shook everything off shelves and buckled the windows and cracked the steeple on the cathedral, but this one is really nasty. Thank goodness there is no loss of life. Kudos to NZs safety standards.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw on Bhuz that Kashmir & Zummarad are OK, so that is good news, Not sure about Adiemus though. If you can Bronnie let us know how you and your family/friends are.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I've experienced my share of earthquakes over the years and offer up my very best wishes and most sincere prayers for our New Zealand dancers.

PS Mosaic: Thanks for the update just as I was posting this.

Bronnie, where are you?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that everybody is ok . I have not heard any news of any fatalities yet, it may take months or even years to rebuild the infrastructure which is pretty sad as Christchurch is a magnificent city.

Regards to all.

Post Thanks / Like

7.0 earthquake, yet no lives lost according to the story I found on the web

New Zealand's Christchurch, Rocked by 7.0 Earthquake, Faces Gales, Rains - Bloomberg

Big storm too. hope everyone stays ok.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    7.0 earthquake, yet no lives lost according to the story I found on the web

New Zealand's Christchurch, Rocked by 7.0 Earthquake, Faces Gales, Rains - Bloomberg

Big storm too. hope everyone stays ok.

Marya
    One man was badly hurt by a falling chimney and last I heard he was in intensive care and another was severely cut by glass, also some minor injuries, but no deaths, quite amazing.

There have also been lots of after shocks, which was expected.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Just saw on Bhuz that Kashmir & Zummarad are OK, so that is good news, Not sure about Adiemus though. If you can Bronnie let us know how you and your family/friends are.
    ~Mosaic
    I follow Bronnie on Twitter, and she seems to be all right, but last update I read, they still didn't have any water. If you like you can follow Bronnie's Twitter updates at Bronnie Thompson (adiemusfree) on Twitter. Her pets are a bit shaken up (no pun intended), but Bronnie's okay.

Just heard from Bronnie now: @FarashaHanem_SA Hi we're fine now, water is back on but we have to boil it & sewage is a bit dodgy but power is back on too

Mosaic, Kashmir and Zummarad also live in Christchurch, or in the earthquake vicinity?
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 09-05-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    I follow Bronnie on Twitter, and she seems to be all right, but last update I read, they still didn't have any water. If you like you can follow Bronnie's Twitter updates at Bronnie Thompson (adiemusfree) on Twitter. Her pets are a bit shaken up (no pun intended), but Bronnie's okay.

Just heard from Bronnie now: @FarashaHanem_SA Hi we're fine now, water is back on but we have to boil it & sewage is a bit dodgy but power is back on too

Mosaic, Kashmir and Zummarad also live in Christchurch, or in the earthquake vicinity?
    Thanks for the update on Bronnie, Farasha - good to know she is OK & yes I know Kashmir & Zummarad live in Ch Ch I can't think of anyone else from the forum who does though.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Zumarrad is fine, she lives in central city and had her chimney fall. Kashmir posted a couple of pictures but said class is still on this week!
    I've posted a blog post about my experience - but mine is very minimal compared with so many people who have been hit very hard. Temporary downtime: Christchurch earthquake aftermath HealthSkills Weblog

here's the flickr link searched under earthquake and christchurch
    earthquake christchurch - Flickr: Search

It's absolutely amazing to learn that there have been NO deaths, two seriously injured but otherwise mainly cuts, bruises, fractures maybe - but otherwise minimal human damage. It's all our heritage buildings and lovely old homes and things that have been hit hard...
    Thanks for all your thoughts - we'll pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Adiemus and glad to hear you are fine.

Some of the pics on the news here of the huge displacement of roads are incredible, some of those are going to be out of commission for a while I am picking, as well as the downed bridges. It's a shame that so many heritage buildings have sustained so much damage, but the minimal damage to people is what matters in the end. Keep staying safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast