Waaaaaaaarrrgh!!

lularaqs

Sorry about that girls, but my head is ready to explode!!!! I'm organising a weekend of workshops and it is completely doing my head in! So far I have:

The tutor ( Liza Wedgewood, she's been up here before and I guess we weren't so bad...she's coming back for more!! )

The venue: a local community run hall, brand new, with everything you could possibly need, showers, PA, kitchen etc

Accommodation: local hotel, which is providing a great package of accommodation and meals.

Our group applied for lottery funding for the project and we were successful in that application...the workshops would not have taken place otherwise.

We already have a bit of local interest which is great! My own teacher is doing a complete beginners workshop and we're holding a hafla one evening just to let local people see what the dance is all about.

I am obsessing about it...what if I don't get enough people, what if our funds don't cover all the costs, what if the weather is so bad the ferry won't run ( the workshops are being held on an island, ferry is the only way on and off! ) what if aliens abduct Liza, what if the world ends before it all happens.....I'll be stressing out for nothing!!!

OK, deep breath, it will all come together, everyone will have a ball, my teacher will have loads more recruits to her class.

Excuse me while I go and :wall:

This is all happening at the end of October, wish me luck girls!!!

PracticalDancer

Sorry about that girls, but my head is ready to explode!!!! I'm organising a weekend of workshops and it is completely doing my head in! So far I have:

The tutor ( Liza Wedgewood, she's been up here before and I guess we weren't so bad...she's coming back for more!! )

The venue: a local community run hall, brand new, with everything you could possibly need, showers, PA, kitchen etc

Accommodation: local hotel, which is providing a great package of accommodation and meals.

Our group applied for lottery funding for the project and we were successful in that application...the workshops would not have taken place otherwise.

We already have a bit of local interest which is great! My own teacher is doing a complete beginners workshop and we're holding a hafla one evening just to let local people see what the dance is all about.

I am obsessing about it...what if I don't get enough people, what if our funds don't cover all the costs, what if the weather is so bad the ferry won't run ( the workshops are being held on an island, ferry is the only way on and off! ) what if aliens abduct Liza, what if the world ends before it all happens.....I'll be stressing out for nothing!!!

OK, deep breath, it will all come together, everyone will have a ball, my teacher will have loads more recruits to her class.

Excuse me while I go and :wall:

This is all happening at the end of October, wish me luck girls!!!

Two thoughts:
1. Investment always involves risk.
2. Never underestimate the comfort provided by a well written contract.

;)

Samira_dncr

Whew... I know only too well how easy it is to get trapped in your head.

Lists, lists, and more lists. I always try to get it all on paper (or electronic version thereof).

I believe your event is now just right around the corner. Let us know how it goes. I don't want to worry that aliens disrupted anything.

Greek Bonfire

You organizers have my deepest admiration. I have never done it but when I've been part of an event, I try to be as cooperative as possible because I see how much they agonize. I hope it works out for you and when it does, I know you will be addicted to sponsoring more events!

lularaqs

So what the heck was I worrying about? It all went swimmingly, we had great weather ( a big concern here when your local transport is by ferry! ), fab food, great company, no aliens interrupted us, and we all had a ball! My teacher has been asked to start beginners classes on the island, she had four ladies turn up for her beginners workshop, and out of a population of approx 250 that is pretty good going! I'm already thinking of next years project....maybe a world tour of the Western Isles....but not on a Sunday!!

:lol:

Samira_dncr

So what the heck was I worrying about? It all went swimmingly, we had great weather ( a big concern here when your local transport is by ferry! ), fab food, great company, no aliens interrupted us, and we all had a ball! My teacher has been asked to start beginners classes on the island, she had four ladies turn up for her beginners workshop, and out of a population of approx 250 that is pretty good going! I'm already thinking of next years project....maybe a world tour of the Western Isles....but not on a Sunday!!

:lol:

Congrats! I'm especially glad no aliens showed up. hahahahaha.