Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Gosh you know i didn't write it like that! being a grad student at my particular programme in the uni, they try to groom us all to become lecturers (because there are so few of us in the field) and they teach us not to read "at" people - especially when they're unfamiliar with your content!

i tried to make it memorable and interactive with a power point presentation which is mostly pictures and some video clips that cue me on my content for that section.

I pretty much just know what i'm going to say for each - i've said it so many times for my own students! i thought they'd be bored if i just read to them...trinidadians have a very VERY short attention span. i'm wondering now if i made a bad choice there

<insert panic here>
    Now don't you go into a panic The way you are going to deliver the lecture sounds fine, my mistake I just thought you may have some sort of written form. Actually with PP presentation etc it sounds interesting and should hold peoples attention well.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    i tried to make it memorable and interactive with a power point presentation which is mostly pictures and some video clips that cue me on my content for that section.

I pretty much just know what i'm going to say for each - i've said it so many times for my own students! i thought they'd be bored if i just read to them...trinidadians have a very VERY short attention span. i'm wondering now if i made a bad choice there...
    I don't know about how things play in Trinidad, but for me those are the most memorable speakers - when you can tell they are really enthusuastic and familiar with the content and can just use the powerpoint to keep on track and illustrate things. When I'm watching someone reading a script or reading the slides out half of me is wondering why they couldn't just email it to me, 'cos I can read it myself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12