My First bellydance Convention/Competition - Experience/Review/Thoughts

Ariadne

Also, JuJube, I don't make the flowers:) I actually found them in a store that sells a lot of accessories and they were actually hair clips that I just modified, melted the clips off of, sewed a backing onto and the stitched them to a costume:) I was actually initially trying to figure out how to make flowers when I went into the store to get some hair elastics and then saw the flower clips and thought "hmmm that might be easier" lol.

You did a gorgeous job matching the flowers to your fabrics then!

BTW, I showed some of your youtube videos to a friend last night and he absolutely loved your dancing so you can add one more fan to your list. :D

MissVega

YAH! So I got Saida's and Yamil's Comments translated and WOO HOO THEY WERE CONSTRUCTIVE:)

Direct copy and paste from my boyfriend's lovely friends Anibal and Lydia. they had a hard time with Yamil's so it may not be 100% but I get the idea. Work on Expression of song, arms and spin technique.

Comments:

I like your dancing style – it’s fresh and with energy

I would watch more my arms (not so much movement)

I would have liked more interpretation

Watch the three spins technique

It has a good variety of steps.

Judge Name: Saida

Miami Bellydance Competition (MBC)

Comments:

Improve the spin technique – Movement variety

was missing. To harmonize the interpretation with the charisma*

is good for the expression it is very lineal**

always the same** [sic].

Judge Name:Yamil

Miami Bellydance Competition (MBC)

Notes: *This word is hard to read; it could be something else
** It is a run-on sentence in the original already

I am sooooo happy now. I have some clear direction on what to work on and improve... And Saida likes my style:dance::D

You did a gorgeous job matching the flowers to your fabrics then!

BTW, I showed some of your youtube videos to a friend last night and he absolutely loved your dancing so you can add one more fan to your list. :D

THank you for sharing my videos:) Am always happy to hear when someone likes it:).
And the matching is just luck and patience it usually takes a long time (MONTHS lol) to pull a costume together as its a slow process acquiring all the pieces... its also luck and obsessive compulsive searching lol.

Last edited: