Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New problem: login gets lost

With the shift to the new server, I'm having a problem I never had here before.

If I log in, read some messages, and then go away for a while, when I come back the "user name" and "password" prompts display on my screen. I have re-log back in if I want the "New Posts" button to work.

This has happened to me repeatedly today.

Post Thanks / Like

How odd and annoying, I'm sure Salome will see your post Shira and be able to sort the problem out for you. The 'joys' of being a web master, as you probably know all too well with your massive website.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shira,

when you log in, make sure you check the 'remember me' button. That should take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have struck a problem, I have twice tried to upload pics via upload manager and it keeps saying they are invalid, so am having to upload to photobucket.
    ~Mosaic
    PS: I notice the top of the forum page (white area below the Bellydance Forum title) looks odd sometimes a plain advertising banner at others just words that are links, is that suppose to be like that now?
    Last edited by Mosaic; 09-29-2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    I have struck a problem, I have twice tried to upload pics via upload manager and it keeps saying they are invalid, so am having to upload to photobucket.
    Just saw this message now. Mosaic I to and having a problem. This occurs for anyone trying to upload a picture, avatar, profile picture.

Salome when you transferred the servers do you have to go back in and select what picture format are accepted?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

yes there should be a banner now at the top of the page. Re: the picture upload, let me look into it. I'm not sure why that would be happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Default That fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    when you log in, make sure you check the 'remember me' button. That should take care of it.
    Okay, the next time I logged in I checked the box and it indeed appears to have solved the problem. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You bet

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Salome
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adams View Post
    This type of things mostly happens when you remains login for longer period without performing any activity then automatically it will be logout because there are some setting in the hosting which has been set for our safety it is common i think you didnt observed it before.
    Not true for this forum or a couple of others I am on, I stay logged in all day and I don't sit at my computer all day Also if you read the posts this particular problem was sorted out by admin.
    ~Mosaic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast