Song ID! Pleeease :D

aforestfever

I'm looking for a song that neither I or my instructor seem to know the name of! Eeek. This is probably a long shot as I have very little details, but please help if you can!

The intro is fairly long - instrumental and no singing until about a minute in. Male vocals. I believe it is Egyptian? Could be totally off though. Also the lyrics mean something like "where did my heart go?" or "my heart is gone" or something along those lines.

Please help if you have any suggestions!

Thank you :)

Yshka

Hi dear and welcome to the forum!

As you may know, there are a loooooot of singing Egyptian males and songs with instrumental intros. :lol:

Can you remember a line or a sequence of words (or what it sounds like) from the song? Something that was repeated, or what kind of instruments used in the intro? That might give us something more to go on! Was the song slow, fast, poppy, the singers' voice raw, high-pitched...

I love these kind of quests haha, but give us a bit more if you can ok?
Anything might help!;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Upload a portion of the song somewhere & post the link so we can listen to it, we may have a better chance of ID'ing it:D

Oh & welcome to the forum:D
~Mosaic

Daimona

Ok.. this is a wild guess:
George Wassouf: Haad Yensa Alboo (Could someone forget his own heart?) (translation@shira.net; Spotify)

Fairly long instrumental intro: Check.
Male vocal: Check.
Lyrics about missing heart (metaphorically speaking): Check.
Egyptian? : No. George Wassouf is syrian.

It could still be plenty of other songs, though....

aforestfever

Daimona, sorry that isn't it! :( Thank you though!

I tried to get some more info on this song. Apparently it is sung in arabic and is an older song probably from the 50s-70s. The singer's voice is about medium pitched and he sounds very....lamenting, as in his heart was terrible broken and he is pining after someone. The music is fairly fast, but the singer does not sing terribly fast. The intro is probably about 30 seconds before he starts singing. It almost sounds like the very beginning is played on a violin or something similar.

That's all I can come up with right now! Thank you everyone for trying though :)

Greek Bonfire

For some reason, I'm thinking "Ma Tavra Matia Sou" (Your Black Eyes). But you are all right - most ME songs are all about losing and/or loving habibis and losing their hearts!